Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

Old 12-02-2005, 01:50 AM

Default Re: Fantasy help, it\'s the playoffs! $$-time

I think I would go with Warner too. SF is just too bad, and PIT is just too good.
Old 12-02-2005, 11:13 AM

SossMan, thanks for taking the time to put up those numbers.

I'm starting to warm up to Warner for this week and this week only (though it could be my last week if I make the wrong decision) - my only problem with Warner is if he takes a big hit, he's out. Not saying that any QB in the league isn't one hit away from not playing the rest of the season, but Warner at his age, is certainly more susceptible to a game-ending hit than Palmer would be (meaning Warner's already had his bell rung many many times).

Anyway, I think I'll make this decision sometime on Sunday afternoon at around 12:58pm (and most likely a million times in between then) - if I had to pick a player to put in there right now, I'd pick Warner, since this game is for all of the figurative marbles, and he has the best chance to put up points from the QB position this week.....

....I think.
Thanks guys, I'll update this thread with how things are looking (and what lineup I went with) on Sunday.
Old 12-02-2005, 11:15 AM

I would keep an eye on the weather, though. We had some big gusts in the bay area yesterday and 10-15mph winds are scheduled for Sunday. This could have an adverse effect on the passing game for both teams.
Old 12-02-2005, 11:18 AM

Do you think that would have more of an adverse affect than below-freezing temps in Pittsburgh on Sunday? (combined with the other Pittsburgh factors i.e. key division/conference game, Pittsburgh jacked up after Monday vs. Indy, revenge for Cincy, etc.)
Old 12-04-2005, 01:09 PM

Going with Warner and the Baltimore D

Detroit with the coaching and QB change is too much of an unknown right now, and since both teams are dome teams I didn't like the matchup as much as I like a dome team in Houston playing outside in chilly Baltimore.

With Warner well.... rolling the dice, weather forecast seems okay for SF (57 degrees, no/light wind, no precip), we'll see.

As much as I'd like to sit Gado I can't justify starting any of my wide receivers in his place (top choice would be Keyshawn but playing on the road in bad weather conditions) - just hoping for some yardage out of him and no fumbles.

The guy I'm playing made a change sitting Stephen Davis and starting Rod Smith in his place.

I'll update the scores after the 1pm games, thanks again for everyone's thoughts on this matchup.
Old 12-04-2005, 01:11 PM

You're really gonna sit Palmer and put your season on the line with Warner...wow...I hope you're right

Edit: I also like Lelie or Lloyd better than Gado.
Old 12-04-2005, 01:13 PM

This week and this week only, with these matchups, I think it's the right decision. I hope I'm right too [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-04-2005, 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This week and this week only, with these matchups, I think it's the right decision. I hope I'm right too [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good luck bro. I'll try one last time to talk you out of this decision. You know how fantasy analysts refer to certain players as "must-start, regardless of matchup"? Carson Palmer is this type of player. You cannot justify sitting the BEST QB in fantasy football this year in favor of Kurt Warner, can you? If it makes you feel better, Pitt's D hasn't been playing up to par the past couple of weeks either, and the Bengals will look to avenge their previous game against them. I'll come up with some more stuff if you're still with Warner.
Old 12-04-2005, 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good luck bro. I'll try one last time to talk you out of this decision. You know how fantasy analysts refer to certain players as "must-start, regardless of matchup"? Carson Palmer is this type of player. You cannot justify sitting the BEST QB in fantasy football this year in favor of Kurt Warner, can you? If it makes you feel better, Pitt's D hasn't been playing up to par the past couple of weeks either, and the Bengals will look to avenge their previous game against them. I'll come up with some more stuff if you're still with Warner.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, tys
Old 12-04-2005, 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

3 first-half TDs for Palmer.