Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2005, 06:42 PM

Default Hate how I played this

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, MP checks, CO checks, Button checks.

Turn: (5 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, Hero folds, BB folds, MP folds.

Final Pot: 8 BB

I need to bet this flop right? I was thinking this is the sort of flop that anyone with any pair is betting always, so I was hoping to checkraise the field. Turn I can't lead out though (can I?) and I feel bad calling because I see this as easily getting 3-bet or even capped and if it is I think I'm drawing to 3/4 outs.
Old 11-27-2005, 06:51 PM

Default Re: Hate how I played this

the most likely flop bettor is the PFR, and checkraising him is just as likely to tie the CO and the button to the pot as it is to knock out the BB, so betting the flop protects your hand better than checkraising.
Old 11-27-2005, 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the most likely flop bettor is the PFR, and checkraising him is just as likely to tie the CO and the button to the pot as it is to knock out the BB, so betting the flop protects your hand better than checkraising.

[/ QUOTE ]

Word.
Old 11-27-2005, 07:02 PM

Definitely lead the flop. Check-raising the field is pointless...your hand is vulnerable and the last thing you want to do is string 3 people along.

I'm not sure I'm a huge fan of folding the turn either. You seem to have a bunch of outs. Just make the coldcall.

Will
Old 11-27-2005, 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Definitely lead the flop. Check-raising the field is pointless...your hand is vulnerable and the last thing you want to do is string 3 people along.

I'm not sure I'm a huge fan of folding the turn either. You seem to have a bunch of outs. Just make the coldcall.

Will

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't CO representing aces up, flopped set or a straight?
Old 11-27-2005, 07:06 PM

I agree, except he's probably a lot more likely to bet UI overs than to raise them, so that goes against the protection aspect.
Old 11-27-2005, 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Will

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't CO representing aces up, flopped set or a straight?

[/ QUOTE ]

His range is a lot wider than this, and it definitely includes a whole bunch of big aces. If he had aces up he likely would have bet the flop when it was checked to him - same with a set or a straight.

Although it is still quite close...you are only getting like 4.5-1 on the turn without great implied odds, and your outs aren't exactly sparkling...folding seems fine.

Will
Old 11-27-2005, 11:32 PM

Bet the flop. The turn is not as clear cut as it originally looks, but it is still a fold.
Old 11-28-2005, 10:24 AM

i would have led the flop.

with that said, say most people are still in and the Ace falls on the turn: what is your plan? i tend to bet out again, but i'm afraid this is wrong. then do you fold to the same action if it is 2 back to you?
Old 11-28-2005, 10:32 AM

Bet that fricken flop man and hope the PF raiser has aces to build your pot.

Raise the fricken turn. If CO has a str8 he would have bet that flop with the other callers in. Why risk a tie or to be outdrawn but a gut. He has aces up OR a lower set bust his ass and 3 bet the turn.

If you bet the turn and CO called then check raised you on the turn I might belive he flopped the nuts but I still would 3 bet the turn. I cant see CO calling a PFR with 97s or 74s. More than not he would have 2 pair or a lower set there. He definitely does NOT have AA. MAKE THEM PAY!!!!