Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2005, 12:57 PM

Default My PT stats.. especially folded to steals

Hi all,

I have imported now 40k hands on various NL levels 2/4-5/10 on pokertracker, i'm winning little but someone better then me said my numbers suck [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Average players per hand is 5.5->7 depending of the level.

VPIP 32%
Preflop raise 14%
Vol. from small blind 46%
Folded SB to steal 65%
Folded BB to steal 55%
Went to showdown 29%
Won% at showdown 58%

Agressio factors are:

Preflop 0.75
Flop 2.27
Turn 2.10
River 2.15

I agree my numbers look pretty fishy.. but would like to get some comment, so maybe I can start improving after that.
Old 11-27-2005, 01:00 PM

Default Re: My PT stats.. especially folded to steals

Don't raise so often with 78s OOP.
Old 11-27-2005, 01:01 PM

How did you know? I was about to post how much I like to play all kind of suited hands, but don't know how big value they actually have.
Now i'm raising 87s every position in 6 handed game, and limping from couple first in full game.
Old 11-27-2005, 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How did you know? I was about to post how much I like to play all kind of suited hands, but don't know how big value they actually have.
Now i'm raising 87s every position in 6 handed game, and limping from couple first in full game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its pretty obvious when you raise 14%. I suspect this is one of your problems. I raise suited connectors from any position, but I dont raise things like AT (that are dominated easily) all that much so my raise % is more like 10%. I think this is a better way to get a decent raise % but still confuse your opponents.

I also think youre getting to showdown too often.

Whats your win rate?
Old 11-27-2005, 01:08 PM

I wanted to leave it out orginally, because I might be just running too hot.
2/4 = 8.49
3/6 = 11.09 (6max only)
5/10 = 8.11
Old 11-27-2005, 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wanted to leave it out orginally, because I might be just running too hot.
2/4 = 8.49
3/6 = 11.09 (6max only)
5/10 = 8.11

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, that probably deoends on how many hands you have. With those win rates, I dont understand why youre even questioning your numbers. There are all kinds of different winning styles and if youre winning with your current style at those rates, why change it?
Old 11-27-2005, 01:20 PM

Improving, Sir, Improving.
I see all these tight players beating 10/20nl for big amounts, I wanna get there not continue grinding.

Right now I feel like I have some huge leaks in my game, some of the questions I have seem to noobish to ask for someone at my stakes.

Talking about 6 max, because that's my game of choice.
I play all the same hands from every position and same way if i'm first to enter the pot.
I will call a raise with the hands I would raise myself, 54s I call 4xBB raise with 100bb stacks I don't know if this is profitable.

For example my VPIP with J7s is 75%.

The folds people seem to suggest at MHNL would be huge for me, even folding top pair is most of the time hard.
Most of the time I don't have good reads.

I pretty much reraise only AA,KK,QQ and sometimes AK,AQ,JJ.
With normal 100bb or more stacks.

I will continue bet 90% of the time after my preflop bet, I don't know if this is a good strategy, then if I don't have actually hand I just check and let it go..

So many leaks and questions.
Old 11-27-2005, 01:30 PM

Your VP$IP and you PFR% are very common for someone that likes to raise with suited connectors. The fact that you are not doing as well as you think you should tells me you are raising too often with those hands, probably OOP.

Drawing hands like that are tough to play OOP especially in a raised pot. Think about it this way. You are willingly putting more money in the pot OOP than you have to with the worst hand, as anyone who calls you will almost certainly have you beat. That just doesn't make much sense.

Try changing this one thing. Stop building the pot OPP with those SC so much.
Old 11-27-2005, 01:37 PM

One more thing I would like to add. I often feel like i'm the worst player in the table, and I need to get lucky in order to win I don't know if this is actually the case.

So I try to avoid all the regulars, and often guys from nordic countries when they are playing 3/6 or higher.

This often leads to that I will end up playing smaller game where all are unknown to me.

This has been the case after my first huge downswing, kind of lost my poker confidence during it.
Before it I used to feel like "KingOfFfinland" just like my nick says, and felt almost unbeatable. I wan't that state of mind back, using good game selection but not being afraid of anyone.

I have lot of doubts about my game, just like this thread shows.
Old 11-27-2005, 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One more thing I would like to add. I often feel like i'm the worst player in the table, and I need to get lucky in order to win I don't know if this is actually the case.

So I try to avoid all the regulars, and often guys from nordic countries when they are playing 3/6 or higher.

This often leads to that I will end up playing smaller game where all are unknown to me.

This has been the case after my first huge downswing, kind of lost my poker confidence during it.
Before it I used to feel like "KingOfFfinland" just like my nick says, and felt almost unbeatable. I wan't that state of mind back, using good game selection but not being afraid of anyone.

I have lot of doubts about my game, just like this thread shows.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you really think that, then you should probably just step down a level or two. Build your confidence up by showing yourself that you can really beat these games over a good amount of hands. Then move back up with more confidence in your game and any potential leaks fixed.

Reading Psychology of Poker or Inside the Poker Mind may also be beneficial (can't say, haven't read them myself).

[On a sidenote, Sweden sucks.]