Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2005, 08:25 PM

Default An interesting take on heroin

Recently, I installed the stumble extension onto my firefox browser. I stumbled upon a perticularly interesting sight in which they discuss everything about every drug that you don't learn in school. I found these statemenst about heroin perticularly interesting.

[ QUOTE ]
addiction
While its addictiveness has been much exaggerated, heroin remains a highly habit forming substance. See our addiction info for more detail.

long term use
Despite the myths, heroin is a relatively harmless drug, especially compared to alcohol or nicotine.

However, chronic heroin abuse can result in scarred and/or collapsed veins, bacterial infections of the blood vessels and heart valves, abscesses and other soft-tissue infections, and liver or kidney disease.

Constipation caused by a combination of poor eating and the effects of the drug on the bowels can lead to haemorrhoids. Addicts can also suffer from malnutrition because they're never hungry.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have never known anyone who has admitted to using heroin, so I can neither confirm nor deny this statement, but from what I have seen of junkies on T.V. I can't imagine how this statement is true.

and oh yeah, linky
Old 11-03-2005, 08:27 PM

Default Re: An interesting take on heroin

God, they make it sound rather harmless if you have some smarts. I'm tempted to try it. Hundred of rock stars can't be wrong!
Old 11-03-2005, 08:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Despite the myths, heroin is a relatively harmless drug, especially compared to alcohol or nicotine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, OK

[ QUOTE ]
However, chronic heroin abuse can result in scarred and/or collapsed veins, bacterial infections of the blood vessels and heart valves, abscesses and other soft-tissue infections, and liver or kidney disease.

Constipation caused by a combination of poor eating and the effects of the drug on the bowels can lead to haemorrhoids. Addicts can also suffer from malnutrition because they're never hungry.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, perfectly harmless
Old 11-03-2005, 08:28 PM

www.erowid.org is what you're looking for

-SmileyEH
Old 11-03-2005, 08:33 PM

I had a very close person to me on this drug. It is very addictive and extremely hard to quit without a lot of family help and support.
Old 11-03-2005, 08:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
www.erowid.org is what you're looking for

-SmileyEH

[/ QUOTE ]
http://lycaeum.org/ is good too.
Old 11-03-2005, 08:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have never known anyone who has admitted to using heroin, so I can neither confirm nor deny this statement, but from what I have seen of junkies on T.V. I can't imagine how this statement is true.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are talking about chronic users. If someone you knew used it occasionally for recreation you wouldn't have any clue.
Old 11-03-2005, 08:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are talking about chronic users. If someone you knew used it occasionally for recreation you wouldn't have any clue.

[/ QUOTE ]

Problem with Heroin, IT IS VERY ADDICTIVE...
Old 11-03-2005, 08:46 PM

Ask Mitch Hedberg about heroin, see what he has to say about it.
Old 11-03-2005, 08:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Problem with Heroin, IT IS VERY ADDICTIVE...

[/ QUOTE ]

As are many other drugs. It doesn't make my statement any less true.

If you only look at hardcore, chronic users of drugs, then of course the picture is going to look wretched.

I've never done it. I'm just trying to point out that there is a large amount of misinformation about heroin and other drugs.