Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 11-03-2005, 03:47 PM

Default 6-Max, NL50, JJ

Only played with Villian for a total of 16 hands, he is 69%/25%.
How is my preflop action?
I've been trying to be more aggressive and take charge of hands more lately by re-raising big pairs down to at least jacks (depending on opponent i might go lower).
Is it ok to re-raise PF with JJ, or is this something I should avoid doing so much.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

BB ($59.73)
UTG ($49.13)
MP ($52.85)
CO ($32.86)
Hero ($48.70)
SB ($52.15)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
UTG calls $0.50, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $7</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG folds, MP calls $5.

Flop: ($15.25) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $7</font>, MP calls $45.85 (All-In), Hero ?????

Now that i've gotten myself in the situation, where do I go from here?
Should I give him credit for a PP larger than mine?
Should I give him credit for a set?

Was not really sure what my optimal play was, not enough hands with him to really gather enough info.

I just remember the table was wild and loose, 3 hands earlier i had seen two others end up all in PF with TT and 99 (neithor was this particular villian though).