Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2005, 10:54 PM

Default Re: Anybody else having problems trying to get into SNG\'s on party ton

Is this what a DOS attack looks like?
Old 11-01-2005, 10:59 PM

Seems to be working now for me.

Doc
Old 11-01-2005, 11:10 PM

You would think if you had an online business, where the faster you could open tables, the more money you would make, that you might actually get around to uprgrading your mickey mouse software to always have a table available.

After 4 tabling the 20's for the last month, I can honestly say the hardest thing about them, is getting on an f'ing table.

Tonights special bonus the same 8 tables showing empty for twenty minutes at at time, when in fact they are full.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:55 PM

You'd think that all these people who have the opportunity at a ez way to make a good living, (which is still illegal in the states), wouldn't complain so much about minor inconveniences. I feel for ya'll. You have it so bad. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 11-02-2005, 12:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You'd think that all these people who have the opportunity at a ez way to make a good living

[/ QUOTE ]

You must be the greatest poker player alive, because I don't know a single person who has played for a living for any significant amount of time that would classify it as "ez" or anything close to that.
Old 11-02-2005, 12:02 AM

Beats the hell out of any other job available to me (college kid)... Working at home from the couch is pretty rough
Old 11-02-2005, 12:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Beats the hell out of any other job available to me (college kid)... Working at home from the couch is pretty rough

[/ QUOTE ]

You're an idiot. That is all.
Old 11-02-2005, 01:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This displays that you're not "making a living" at this at all. You're in college...what you have out of poker is something you can do for extra money. When you're out of college and are using poker to help pay a mortgage, support a startup business and support a girlfriend through her education...THEN come back and tell us how "ez" it is. Until then, you're playing on borrowed money.

No, I don't believe you're paying your tuition with poker or that your parents don't help support you (just to head that off at the pass).
Old 11-02-2005, 01:29 AM

I've been sitting at a $55 for 3 minutes and no one else has sat with me. What gives? These usually fill up in less than a minute.
Old 11-02-2005, 04:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]

No, I don't believe you're paying your tuition with poker or that your parents don't help support you (just to head that off at the pass).

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for trying. I didn't get a silver spoon, and paid my tuition this year solely from poker profits. I put in a ton of hours, and that is the only reason I am able to "make a living". My only point is that it's a lot better than many other jobs out there. I know people that bust their ass for a lot less, and sitting at home isn't all that rough.

As far as "playing on borrowed money", I took money from working graveyard to load up my account, and that's the only money that's gone into there.

But, thanks for assuming you know where I'm coming from. Maybe if you got a decent education, you wouldn't be struggling so much, gramps.