Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2005, 05:28 PM

Default Re: Paradise VS Absolute, bonus clearning questions

[ QUOTE ]
Paradise has more fish, more games, and better software.

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem is that you can't get to all the games, because the software sucks so bad you can't SEE them.

But if you could, yes, very soft.
Old 10-31-2005, 07:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Are you guys insane? Absolulte's software isn't the industry gold standard, but it's lightyears better than Paradise's. There's just no good excuse for not writting hand histories to the hard drive.

[/ QUOTE ]

I forgot about the hand history part...that part does suck, but since I only play there to clear bonuses (which obviously is not often), my PT database can do without those hands (which do not add up to much). I only don't like Absolute's software mainly because it's pretty resource intensive, at least, from my experience (it's also kind of ugly, FWIW).

Either way though, Absolute is generally a rock-fest (I only play full ring - I've heard 6max there is not bad), which bites for the the raked hands, depending on what limits you play at. I only play at .50/1, which at Paradise = every hand is raked.

[/ QUOTE ]

not too worried about taxes, eh?
Old 10-31-2005, 08:05 PM

You have to sit there and wait for the games to "magically" appear as if they just started...
Old 10-31-2005, 08:54 PM

Absolute 6-max NL games are fairly soft. The max buy-ins are 200x the BB instead of 100 but at the .10,.25,.50 levels most people buy in short (less than 100x).

I've had no problems with the software. You really need a table mod (several in software forum) to clean up the table images. They are just too cluttered with chairs,snacks,and other crap.

Bonus+Rakeback=Good deal IMHO.
Old 10-31-2005, 09:35 PM

Be very careful playing with a 200 BB maximum buy-in at Absolute unless you understand how to play with a stack of that size and a bit larger. There is no shame or disadvantage to buying in for 100 BB or less instead of the maximum.
Old 11-01-2005, 04:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I forgot about the software aspect. MUCH better software at Paradise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you guys insane? Absolulte's software isn't the industry gold standard, but it's lightyears better than Paradise's. There's just no good excuse for not writting hand histories to the hard drive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup.
Old 11-01-2005, 05:47 AM

Oddly enough, both of these sites allow you to have virtual beverages by your icon at your table.
Old 11-01-2005, 06:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem is that you can't get to all the games, because the software sucks so bad you can't SEE them.

But if you could, yes, very soft.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is any easy fix that has worked for me to be able to see the complete list if it does not come up upon opening. If you have the Hold 'em tab up and all the games are not showing then open one of the other games such as Omaha and wait 2-3 seconds. Once you do this return to the Hold 'em tab and all the games will be listed. Works every time for me.
Old 11-01-2005, 08:48 AM

I will add that I've bonus whored Absolute twice at NL100, the frist time was fine, gaems seemed pretty good. The second time wa a nightmare, at least 3 2+2ers bonus whoring per 6 max table. The 5 big fishes that had sweetened the gaem last time I was there were gone.

No unbeatable but not as easy as elsewhere.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:56 AM

Absolute can be that way. Last night I was trying to top up my unmentionable to reach a higher return when I ran into a lucky idiot at a 6-max $2/$4 table who had a VP$IP of 95% and was winning 50% of the flops he saw. Trust me, there was little logic to his game, other than take it to the river and toss 'em if he hadn't matched. 52o was as good as AA with this guy. After slamming against him for 1.5 hours and losing 25 BB, I had to put the kids to bed. Got back on at 11:30 PM ET and within the half hour before midnight, not only had I recovered the 25 BB, I was up another 25BB and wound up a total of 50 BB ahead for the whole night by 12:30 AM ET. No real difference in my play, just the cards were hitting me, not some idiot with 52o. Ah, variance!

I'm trying to get some number together this morning for October, but I pretty much know that Absolute is not the easiest place to play, but it's defintely worthwhile if you add together game quality, bonii, and unmentionable. It's tough to complain about 2.94 BB/100 before extras. There are worse games.