Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses

Old 10-31-2005, 02:24 PM

Default Paradise VS Absolute, bonus clearning questions

I know that both Paradise and Absolute bonus's clear the same way. You have to get 100 points for 10 bucks. To get a point the pot has to be raked 25 cents or more.

I am mainly a 50NL player and have been slowly working my way into playing the short handed games (taking time to learn to deal with the aggression and pace).

So, Which site is the better site to play at.
I have pending bonus on Paradise and am thinking about taking advantage of their Halloween deposit bonus, but am not sure If i'd just be better off putting that money on absolute (always have bonus's going basically) and playing there (I do have RB on absolute).

Is the combination of having RB and hand histories saved to the HD enough to make Absolute a better place to play?

Just curious as I look into my options for the next few days.
Old 10-31-2005, 02:43 PM

Default Re: Paradise VS Absolute, bonus clearning questions

Paradise is MUCH softer IMO, making it worth it (for me) to play at Paradise over Absolute. Either way, even if you don't feel like playing at Paradise right now, stick your money in there for the bonus, and clear it as some later time (since it doesn't expire). Either way, could never hurt to have an extra bonus pending.
Old 10-31-2005, 02:51 PM

Paradise has more fish, more games, and better software.
Old 10-31-2005, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I forgot about the software aspect. MUCH better software at Paradise. I love their software, probably more than any other site (well, UB is pretty damn good too).
Old 10-31-2005, 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I forgot about the software aspect. MUCH better software at Paradise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you guys insane? Absolulte's software isn't the industry gold standard, but it's lightyears better than Paradise's. There's just no good excuse for not writting hand histories to the hard drive.
Old 10-31-2005, 03:27 PM

Ok, sounds good. thanks for the replies.

one more question that I forgot to ask in my last post.

Is there any real major differece between playing 6-max and the 5-max games that are offered on paradise?
Old 10-31-2005, 03:46 PM

Paradise is fishier by far, but I stopped playing there because of the software and their "disappearing table" problem. Logging on and not being able to play any 5/10 because not a single table showed up in the lobby was unacceptable.
Old 10-31-2005, 04:01 PM

i can't stand paradise software.
Old 10-31-2005, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is there any real major differece between playing 6-max and the 5-max games that are offered on paradise?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. There should be a noticeable difference in the hands you play at certain positions. Particularly I would reccommend opening more hands at the UTG+1 position in a 5 handed game as opposed to 6. Also, you can open at least a few more from UTG 5 handed but not too many more. Also, you should be a little more likely to reraise a raiser from the SB position 5 handed. I'd say BB and button position play fairly similar in both games, though subtle changes may be appropriate going from 6 players to 5.

Not making these adjustments will cost you more per hour than the bonus makes up for.
Old 10-31-2005, 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Are you guys insane? Absolulte's software isn't the industry gold standard, but it's lightyears better than Paradise's. There's just no good excuse for not writting hand histories to the hard drive.

[/ QUOTE ]

I forgot about the hand history part...that part does suck, but since I only play there to clear bonuses (which obviously is not often), my PT database can do without those hands (which do not add up to much). I only don't like Absolute's software mainly because it's pretty resource intensive, at least, from my experience (it's also kind of ugly, FWIW).

Either way though, Absolute is generally a rock-fest (I only play full ring - I've heard 6max there is not bad), which bites for the the raked hands, depending on what limits you play at. I only play at .50/1, which at Paradise = every hand is raked.