Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2005, 01:40 PM

Default Re: Getting myself in deep [censored], 6 max 10 20

How is that the worst idea ever? You really see K9 or AK that often? It looks like an obvious call to me, actually I would have lead for pot, but a case can be made for pushing.
However I doubt a nother 9 folds.
Old 10-19-2005, 01:50 PM

Default Re: Getting myself in deep [censored], 6 max 10 20

Is villain seriously calling $140 on that flop with AK? A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] maybe, but other than that I don't see it. Same with K9.

Most importantly though there is absolutely no sense in calling the turn bet if you're simply going to fold on the river after hitting your straight. You probably should have put out a blocking bet on the river. But I think you have to call this.

Looks like villain is not worried about you drawing here, hence the small bet on the turn...

What would he be drawing to? I mean, I know spades obviously. But you think villain puts him on a 9? Wouldn't shock me if villain has A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] which is why he doesn't fear the draw much, but the low turn bet could mean a lot of things including a blocking bet. Could easily have QJ, wanted a river check down, picked up two pair, and decided to see if an overpair will overpay, or if he can scare off a hand like TT with four to the straight, cause he was representing some sort of draw there.

Too many possibilities to narrow down to just a monster. That's possible, but not likely. Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] is the only thing he can "slowplay" that much on the turn while not fearing the redraw, and that hand's chopping this pot now.

If you believe that you are going to chop the pot and that's your read, why not try and take down a nice pot? You have to trust your read, but thats the whole of idea of this game.

Cause I think it's a virtual impossibility for villain to get off his hand with a 9. He's getting almost 3 to 1 to call, and there are a lot of hands you could have that he wins the whole pot.

He won't call with a worse hand.

He'll certainly call with a better one.

You lose more going all in here than trying to push off a 9...bad idea.

- C -
Old 10-20-2005, 07:34 AM

Default Results

I called the bet and villain showed AK.
Old 10-20-2005, 07:54 AM

Default Re: Results

[ QUOTE ]
I called the bet and villain showed AK.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow his turn bet is really damn bad.