Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2005, 04:37 AM

Default Re: What is the correct line? There was lively debate after the hand..

Assuming the limper completes, you are getting 5 to 1 on your pre-flop call. Plenty good for J-T suited, but I would throw away suited garbage in this situation.
Old 10-12-2005, 12:54 PM

At first I thought this was a joke. Preflop is fine, flop is insta-fold.

The one time in my life I saw someone hit a runner-runner royal was on a Pacific 3/6 table. The calling station who bought in with $300 ended up going broke in about an hour flat because he called almost literally every hand to the river.
Old 10-12-2005, 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I did fold, and you may have guessed that the turn was the Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and the river the A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I laughingly let everyone know after the hand that I had folded a Royal.

[/ QUOTE ]

As I have been told many times by those who listen to my poker stories, you can't focus on the results. With a King on board, 2 to a club flush, and nothing for you but a backdoor straight and flush draw, your fold was correct.

Also, kudos on not table coaching. If these players are willing to chastize you for making such a poor fold, that's encouraging because if they have these thoughts, they'll make poor decisions in the future and you'll make money.

Sure, you missed out on the once-in-a-lifetime chance to get a Royal Flush. But you did make the right decision and played good poker; what the cards do is out of your control.