Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2005, 05:53 PM

Default a hand

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. MP posts a blind of $10.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP (poster) checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, MP folds.

Flop: (7 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB

discuss.
Old 08-21-2005, 06:07 PM

Default Re: a hand

Looked bad against an unknown, however...

preflop: yeah
flop: sure
turn: overcard and gutshot, yeah it's a call
river: i'm ready to fold here, but look at the draws on the flop, a call can't be too bad

I guess I don't mind it.
Old 08-21-2005, 06:21 PM

against either a weak/tight/unknown I'm folding on the turn.

expecting them to show a J or 8.

against a known gambooler, I might call down.

expecting to see anything.

regards
Old 08-21-2005, 06:26 PM

If you know they have a J or an 8, you can't fold the turn.. you've got odds to hit an A or Q
Old 08-21-2005, 06:30 PM

yea I think the river call is easy once you get there.
Old 08-21-2005, 06:32 PM

for me the river is the only street that concerns me. on the turn we are ahead if we put him on a flush draw, and have 10 outs if we're behind to a 8 (7 to a J) so i feel like we need to make that call, especially with position where he might check the river if his draw doesn't come in or whatever. But the river call for me is no good against an unknown.
Old 08-21-2005, 06:39 PM

there are so many possible straight and flush draws on this flop that would play exactly this way that I really think you have to make this call at 10/20 getting 8.5:1. Also the possibility of making this profitable (IMO) river call on this card makes calling the turn even more correct, especially when villain will sometimes (very rarely imo) give up on the river with a draw.
Old 08-21-2005, 06:45 PM

i'm glad you posted this hand, because we had a lot of short some postive some negative comments about this hand, and i'm looking for someone to weigh in maybe with some deeper analysis about this situation.

the turn is standard. you can't fold getting 6.5 to 1. you've got outs to the A, Q and possibly the T. thats somwhere between 7-10 outs, and i'm pretty sure you are assured an extra bet as implied odds.

the river is completely player dependant.

the flop is interesting. we assumed that we're getting 10 to 1 to make this flop call. we're staying in with any A K Q T or 9 on the turn. thats 18? cards, which is a lot.

but of those 18, 12 of them just lead you to draw for the river. from there you'll be drawing to somewhere between 7-10 outs. and you'll hit that about 1 in 3-4 times. so 12 of those outs should be considered 3-4 good outs.(someone please tell me this logic works) so on the flop i think you've got 9-10 outs. (if youre T isn't good as a hand, which i think it is for the most part, that'll drop to 5-6 outs)

so yea, you played this hand fine in my opinion. if this player is at all passive, i think yo should 3bet this flop so you can get a free turn or showdown.

stealthcow-
Old 08-21-2005, 06:48 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En respuesta a:</font><hr />
there are so many possible straight and flush draws on this flop that would play exactly this way that I really think you have to make this call at 10/20 getting 8.5:1.

[/ QUOTE ]

Alright. Now I'm wondering how many times I've folded Ace high on the river against something like this...too many (as in, all the time).
Old 08-21-2005, 06:56 PM

I would rather raise the turn than call the river.

Krishan