Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2005, 01:34 PM

Default How\'s This? Party 30/60.

HAND#1

6 or 7 handed, decent game, villian is unknown.

Villian open limps UTG, UTG+1 raises, I 3-bet from the CO with Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], SB caps it.

4 players (8BB)

Flop: 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

SB bets, Villain calls, UTG+1 calls, I call.

4 players (10BB)

Turn: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

SB checks, Villian bets, UTG+1 folds, I raise, SB folds, Villian calls.

2 players (14BB)

River: 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Villian checks, I bet, Villian calls.

==============================================

HAND#2

Full game.

UTG raises, Villian calls, I 3-bet from MP with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], UTG calls, MP calls.

3 players (5BB)

Flop: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Checked to me and I bet, UTG calls, MP raises, I call, UTG calls.

3 players (8BB)

Turn: K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

UTG checks, MP bets, I raise, UTG folds, MP calls.

2 players (12BB)

River: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

MP checks, I bet, MP calls.

Comments on all streets appreciated.
Old 08-02-2005, 01:45 PM

Default Re: How\'s This? Party 30/60.

Why you aren't pushing harder on the these flops is beyond me. You dont want to wait until the turn. You WANT to trap the 3rd guy in there, not push him out on the big streets. You have too much equity to stop, keep pumping on the flop, it pot commits people.

-blake
Old 08-02-2005, 01:47 PM

I like Hand 1, too bad SB didn't bet again on the turn, you could've raised everyone then.

In hand 2, why not 3-bet the flop? Hopefully you can get UTG out on the flop and there are alot of turn cards that may freeze you. Not saying I dislike waiting for the turn, I 3-bet more than I call this flop.
Old 08-02-2005, 01:52 PM

hand 1 i like alot. i don't make plays like this often enough.

hand 2 it seems like you should be pumping the flop, can you explain why you slowed down?
Old 08-02-2005, 01:53 PM

Everything looks good except the river bet in hand 2.
Old 08-02-2005, 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Everything looks good except the river bet in hand 2.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is the river bet in #2 bad???
Old 08-02-2005, 02:37 PM

In Hand #1 I think you have to raise the flop. It would define the play of the hand if the SB 3bet and the other two folded (you would go into calling mode). Waiting till the turn isn't bad, but I want someone with aj or kq paying 3bets, not one to spike a card that beats you out of a big pot. And if SB has the AA or KK that his pf cap says he has, it just costs you more money.

Hand 2. You must raise the flop! If you don't, you can only call the turn, that K is awful, do you fold to a turn 3bet???
Old 08-02-2005, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 2. You must raise the flop! If you don't, you can only call the turn, that K is awful, do you fold to a turn 3bet???

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't see how he could fold to a three-bet given the pot size and his newfound gutshot outs.
Old 08-02-2005, 03:03 PM

i think waiting until the turn to raise in hand 1 is ok as long as you are willing to fold to a 3bet. if your plan was to just call down i find this to be very poor. raising the flop in hand 1 will only lead to a 3bet by better hands and wont protect your hand when youre ahead anyway. however, if villain is aggressive enough that he will 3bet the flop with AK then the obvious move is to raise.

in hand 2, not 3betting this flop is terrible imo. raising the turn is also a bad idea in my opinion because you have to call the 3bet with your gutshot and will pay off on the river. i understand that you want to eliminate the other player, but at this point unless one of them has AQ youre beat here almost every time. the correct time to protect your hand was on the flop, not the turn. considering the range of hands that UTG could have openraising that youre ahead of, it doesnt hurt to have him in the pot. he could have a hand like AK, AQ and youre making him fold a hand that would pay off. of course you are risking splitting the pot if a jack comes, but considering that you are only going to be ahead on the turn here less than half the time i think that calling down is really the correct play.

i think the river value bet in hand 2 is good. originally i didnt like the bet and was agreeing with hockey, but since the player coldcalled and didnt 3bet the turn you should be ahead of his range of hands. stats play a huge role here and i wish you included them in your post. against the average fish i bet he shows down KJ, QJ, AQ, TJ almost always. if he is solid then checking the river seems right.
Old 08-02-2005, 03:21 PM

Waiting to raise the turn in hand 1 is very very good.

Hand 2 i would have pumped the flop, if i had took your line i think waiting for the river to raise is better again.