Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2005, 12:09 AM

Default typical turnaround time for collusion complaint at Stars?

About three weeks ago, I had a power outage while playing in an SNG. Power didn't come back until the next day, so I went and looked up the chat logs later. My three remaining opponents agreed in chat to blind me out (I was 2nd in chips and well ahead of 3rd and 4th) and then play for the money. I submitted a complaint to Stars, pretty quickly got an email saying they'd look into it, and then heard nothing for a week. I emailed them again asking about any progress, and received an email reminding me that these things take "due diligence." Another week and a half passes with nothing, so a few days ago I emailed asking why it was taking so long and got a non-answer in response.

Given how obvious the situation is, I'm pretty surprised they are taking this long. It seems to me like they are likely blowing this off. Still, I'd at least appreciate some kind of message telling me they're blowing it off. Does it really take them this long to sort out very obvious collusion cases? Any suggestions on how I should proceed from here?
Old 07-27-2005, 12:10 AM

Default Re: typical turnaround time for collusion complaint at Stars?

That sounds quite strange, especially considering it's Stars. I complained about a similar incident that happened to me in an SnG a while back and I had a response, apology and refund within 12 hours.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:33 AM

i dont understand your complaint. are you asking stars for a refund for a tourney you werent even playing in? you wanted the other players to agree to wait for your return?
seems to me you have resorted to begging to try and recoup a few $$s

good luck
Old 07-27-2005, 12:40 AM

Would you get in trouble for this kind of talk/behavior at a B&M tournament? Let's say the chip leader gets up from his chair for a little while, and the 3 remaining players decide to blind the guy away and chop the blinds. Would this get you in trouble too?
Old 07-27-2005, 12:52 AM

yes.
it's called 'collusion'.

it's no different than if he was at the table and the 3 other players said "hey guys....lets all gang up on THAT guy."
Old 07-27-2005, 01:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i dont understand your complaint. are you asking stars for a refund for a tourney you werent even playing in? you wanted the other players to agree to wait for your return?
seems to me you have resorted to begging to try and recoup a few $$s

good luck

[/ QUOTE ]

If they spoke of their intent to simply blind him off before continuing to play, they colluded. This is not allowed. He has a legitimate gripe.

If they had simply independently decided not to take any chances until he was out, that would be different. But the chat transcript seems to rule that out...

Acme
Old 07-27-2005, 02:58 PM

no comment on the validity or non-validity of the situation.

however, last night i finally realized that stars has had some email issues. i had many unanswered emails regarding a situation where i was responding to *them*.

i was beginning to think i was being ignored, then got a flood of answers last night and with the answers was a reply from someone there that indicated email issues site wide.

re-submit. i'd bet it is simply related to email issues. even if stars will not help you, they ALWAYS tell you their resolution (i.e. good news or bad news, you will get an answer from star)

i'm told the problems are fixed, so send again when you are ready.