Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 07-15-2005, 11:02 AM

Location: Castle Duckula -- home for many centuries to a dreadful dynasty of vicious vampire ducks: The Counts of Duckula!
Default Re: How do YOU use the auto check, raise, check/fold, check/call butt

I frequently use auto-fold PF, but will try to minimize that if I want to disguise the hands that I spend a few seconds actually thinking about. Never check-fold, because I think an insta-check represents extreme weakness and encourages my opponents to play back at me; if I want to encourage that, I'll use auto-check to make them think I used check-fold. I sometimes use auto-bet/raise to represent either a bluff or a monster (depending on what I think my table image is at the time, or how I think the other players are interpreting that sort of thing from everyone else).

The guiding principle I try to follow is to be conscious of what sort of message I think the auto-button will send. If it's a message I want to send, I'll use it; if not, I won't.

-Mike
Old 07-15-2005, 11:33 AM

I use them almost all the time. I play between 1 and 3 tables.

Maybe some opponents think they have a read on me, especially when I'm in late position and I do a "speed bet" (i.e. one that could only have been done by clicking an advance action button). But if I plan on betting first-in on any card, I'll click the (bet .5) as early as possible no matter whether I have the nuts or a value-bet to my drawing hand or something else.

Almost all my pre-flop actions are with the advance action buttons as well.

I think sometimes players think I'm bluffing when it's heads-up and I do an "insta-raise." I know that there are some players who hold the nuts and play WPT and ponder a long decision. Some guy pulled that on me with top set the other day. IMHO, It is a rare case indeed where the time an opponent takes to bet is a reliable tell. When in doubt, go for the Caro angle that acting weak means strong and acting strong means weak.
Old 07-15-2005, 11:46 AM

I rarely use any of the buttons but the fold and check-fold buttons, preflop or on the flop when I have a weak enough hand that I know that I'm not putting any more money into the pot. Once in a while I will use the "raise any" preflop with AA or KK. In most other situations, using these buttons is basicly throwing away your positional advantage. Most of the time you want to see what the players acting before you do before you make a decision. The "call any" button should be shaped like a fish.
Old 07-15-2005, 11:57 AM

Default Re: How do YOU use the auto check, raise, check/fold, check/call buttons?

5/10 6-max

I use the autoraise one bet when I'm in a situation where the raise is automatic with a huge range of hands (the SB with a good hand, folded to the button who is taking his sweet time), I use check/fold or fold all the time preflop. Occasionally, I use the fold to any but only if I'd need to improve twice to even take a shot, and even then I pay attention to the action.

I almost never use raise any or call any, since a bad string of events could give away my hand (mostly multiple raises in front of me)

Every once in awhile if I'm in a win/win situation I'll use most of the buttons for an image purpose. (i.e. if they're paying attention it might cause them to misread my hand and if they aren't it saves me time)
Old 07-15-2005, 01:03 PM

I typically only use auto-fold on easy decisions pre-flop, or if there's a bet in front of me post-flop and I fully intend to fold. I never use it for betting/raising.

Tom
Old 07-15-2005, 01:17 PM

I dont like using the auto bet or auto raise buttons, as I think it can give away info about your hand. I use the auto fold ALL the time. Anyone who checks the auto call isn't very smart, and I REALLY wish party would add a check/fold in the same turn button. The fold to any bet button kinda sucks cuz if it gets checked around the next card might change things.
Old 10-24-2005, 02:11 AM

<font color="white"> _</font>
Old 10-24-2005, 02:16 AM

Default Re: How do YOU use the auto check, raise, check/fold, check/call buttons?

I use check/fold if im not last to act and my hand totally sucks.

I use auto check infrequently depending on the action on other tables.

I sometimes auto check/fold when last to act if I think the extra 1 hand an hour results in a bigger gain than not showing total weakness.

I never use auto bet/raise unless as a ploy, which is pretty infrequent.
Old 10-24-2005, 02:25 AM

I'm primarily a NL/PL player and 7 table.

I used to wait and think a second or two before manually check/folding instead of using the checkfold button because I didnt want the other players to start using it, Id rather have them think and give them more time to make poor calls. I was probably overthinking it though, since I bumped up more tables I ditched that effort.

I click check and checkfold all the time in clear cut situations where I know someone is going to bet and I dont have nearly enough information to pull anything.
Once in a while in position I have check/fold checked and unselect it at the last second (or miss it) because I realize an opportunity has arisen, where a few seconds earlier I hated my hand and had no interest, it's rare though.

In certain limit games I click bet/raise any because Im usually hyper aggro and it doesnt give away too much information about my hand.

Autocall doesnt get used much for me.
Old 10-24-2005, 02:25 AM

In limit, when I am planning to bet in middle/last position if it is checked to me, and I know I don't have the best hand (raised with crap etc.), I have found it smart to tick the bet-button. People respect that more than if I wait 2-3 seconds to bet. If somebody bets before me, it gets turned off, so that I can fold instead.