Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2005, 05:12 AM

Default Vegas B&Ms

I'm in Vegas, and I'm looking for some good limit games. Somewhere between 30/60 and 100/200. I was in the MGM and the Excalaber and the biggest game they had was 10/20.
Old 07-11-2005, 05:51 AM

Default Re: Vegas B&Ms

"I'm in Vegas, and I'm looking for some good limit games. Somewhere between 30/60 and 100/200. I was in the MGM and the Excalaber and the biggest game they had was 10/20."

I heard there's this place called Bellagio that deals some high limit games.

I also heard about a place called Wynn.

Go knock 'em dead Cowboy!

Best Wishes

JT out
Old 07-11-2005, 06:20 AM

Without
Old 07-11-2005, 01:29 PM

You should really check out this page when it comes to looking for specific limits.

[ QUOTE ]
Excalaber and the biggest game they had was 10/20.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Excalibur had 2-6 spread and sometimes 4/8 as their highest game.
Old 07-11-2005, 01:45 PM

Exempting whatever might be happening at the Rio right now, I was under the impression that the only regular games bigger than 30/60 outside Bellagio were the 40/80 games at the Mirage or the Wynn. Wynn seemed to go every night, often short, when I was there. Dunno if that means the Mirage game is dead.
Old 07-11-2005, 01:56 PM

The thing people don't understand is that the people who play those higher limit games on the west coast are more plentiful in LA where there are 9 million people. Vegas has 1.5 million + tourists. Most tourists are out for a good time, not to sweat their bankroll at 80/160 while on vacation. People come into work all the time "saying" they were looking for 30/60 but dont really want to play that high on vacation. Doesn't mean they even know what 30/60 is but still, they just want to have fun. Therefor the higher limit games are going to be reduced in the amount of them being run at any given time.
Old 07-11-2005, 02:38 PM

Default Question for Howard & photoc

Do you know if the MGM is spreading 10-20 or 20-40 on a regular basis? I was there in May and all they had was an interest list for 10-20 that never seemed to get going. Also, I spoke to a brush there during that weekend who said that since Wynn had opened the previous week and the Bellagio had re-opened, MGM probably wouldn't be spreading middle limit games. Have you guys been there lately?
Old 07-11-2005, 03:20 PM

for those limits, you basically have three choices...

Bellagio, Mirage, and Wynn - you may also have the Rio/Palms - I really don't know, but they're off strip..

Good luck - I think Mirage is the tightest of the three..

RB
Old 07-11-2005, 05:26 PM

Default Re: Question for Howard & photoc

Hi GW,

I played the MGM 10-20 at the end of April and found the games very good. Then, as you said, they had trouble getting a 10-20 game.

I was in there on July 3rd at 2:35 AM and got into a great 10-20 game. FWIW, They have a 10-20 game going right now, as I write this, with 12 people on the waiting list to get in.

I'm not sure how regular it goes, perhaps Dicelump (who works there) might chip in. He knows far more about the MGM everyday stuff then I ever would.

I would say, IMHO, don't count on the 10-20 being a regular every day game there, but I hope I'm wrong.

Best of Luck

Howard
Old 07-11-2005, 05:38 PM

"Dunno if that means the Mirage (40-80) game is dead."

Hi Sfer,

FWIW, I'm in the Mirage a few times a week. The 40-80 almost always seems to be going when I am in there. I've only played it a few times myself, but it almost always seems to be going.

I was last in the Mirage on July 9th at 4:00 am playing 15-30 stud and I saw at least one 40-80 hold'em game going while I was there.

Best Wishes

Howard