Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2005, 11:26 PM

Default Bubble play with K5s

31 left, payout increase at 30 left. I'm like 25th in chips with a bit over 5K, blinds at 1600/800 with a 200 ante.

I'm in the BB with K5s, folded to SB, who minraises, I go allin, he calls. A9o, no help and I'm out in 31st.

Given my criminally low stack and the high ante, should I just try to fold into 30th here? There were 2 people with ~1BB left.
Old 07-04-2005, 11:38 PM

Default Re: Bubble play with K5s

With only 1 BB left (!) for 2 people, I'd try to sit out the orbit unless I got a better hand than that and see if they folded...because money finishes are infiinitely better than non-money finishes : )
Old 07-04-2005, 11:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
With only 1 BB left (!) for 2 people, I'd try to sit out the orbit unless I got a better hand than that and see if they folded...because money finishes are infiinitely better than non-money finishes : )

[/ QUOTE ]

Ignore what he said.

This may have been a bad spot, because you have to realize he will call getting a good price like this, even with that, I like it. If we assume he has a very wide range of hands, you arent way behind anything, and actually ahead of a lot. I never ever ever tighten up on the bubble, I get looser. Making the money, is NOT infinitely better than not making money. Please dont post such horrific weak tight BS advice on this forum. Your profits in MTTs will come from big cashes, that means final table-- and deep into the final table. They do not come from random bubble cashes.
Old 07-04-2005, 11:54 PM

I was already in the money, the payout just increased at 30.

My thinking was that if I fold here the ante becomes a very serious issue. I'm not going to be able to post a full BB if I don't see an allinable hand by the next BB. Which, since we were going from 4 to 3 tables, was an unpredictable distance away.

Flipside, even if I win this I'm still desperately shortstacked.

On the third hand, the blinds and antes are murderously high. I was 25th out of 31 with less than 4 BB. Having ~12K chips probably puts me around 15th with maybe a full orbit before I see the blinds again.

I realize he's calling(he probably misclicked not to put me allin, I approached this from the standpoint of calling an allin since I have no fold equity). I'm getting a bit over 3 to 1 from the pot and if I fold I'll probably never see the daunting heights of 3 BB again.
Old 07-04-2005, 11:56 PM

Sorry, I am new to this...everywhere I read it says to reply to these kind of posts if you are not entirely sure of your own answer, so that's what I did. sorry for the poor advice.
Old 07-05-2005, 12:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry, I am new to this...everywhere I read it says to reply to these kind of posts if you are not entirely sure of your own answer, so that's what I did. sorry for the poor advice.

[/ QUOTE ]
lol. really sorry to go nuts at you on 2 different threads. Keep posting your thoughts. Its better to get them out and yelled at then keep them in your head and keep making mistakes.
Old 07-05-2005, 12:03 AM

lol I don't think you went nuts on the other thread, I really appreciate your advice there : )
Old 07-05-2005, 12:05 AM

I just realized i misread the original post. I thought the blinds were 4/8, not 8/16. ok well, you have no fold equity, not very little. Even with that you are desperate and getting too good a price not to call. stick it in there- your hand is decent.
Old 07-05-2005, 01:03 AM

We're missing some info.. What was SB's stack? Is the 5k after posting the BB? I think pot odds and villain's range of hands (especially if he has a good stack) make this a good push.
Old 07-05-2005, 01:21 AM

I think you can fold this.

Any hand SB will miniraise with is going to call your push and be a favorite over k5. You're not really in shape to make a run for the tournament, so I would choose a better spot to make a stand. I think its a fold if you're not on the bubble. If you care about the payout increase its definitely a fold.

the other players will easily be all in several times in the next few hands.

I usually ignore the bubble and push my premium hands, this isnt one of them.