Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2005, 04:54 PM

Default OESD Play

I've watched 2 action packed hands without showdowns, this is my first hand, I posted in the Co [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Obviously the turn/river are full steam, how's my pf call and flop plays?

Anyways, I'm pretty new to this 6max limit thing and I'm trying to get a few hands out there to help with my play so please critique.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $1.
UTG calls, MP calls, Hero (poster) checks, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP calls, Hero calls, Button calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, UTG folds, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls, BB calls, MP calls.

Turn: (14.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, MP folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

River: (26.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls.

Final Pot: 31.50 BB
Old 06-15-2005, 05:00 PM

Default Re: OESD Play

Preflop is fine. I generally don't post in the CO but when I do I'm not folding JTo to a raise with this much money in the pot.

I like the rest of the hand.

Rob
Old 06-15-2005, 05:26 PM

Default Posting in CO bad, rest good (N/M)

Old 06-15-2005, 05:41 PM

Default Re: Posting in CO bad, rest good (N/M)

why?

Old 06-15-2005, 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why?

[/ QUOTE ]
I assume you are asking why I think posting is bad?

Because it's 6-handed and you only get to play three hands for your money. If someone refuses the blind as often happens you get even fewer hands.

When playing full ring I think cutoff posting is a bargain.
Old 06-15-2005, 06:03 PM

Default Re: OESD Play

I'm not sure I like the 3-bet on the flop, but since you're closing the action...
Can you safely assume you're still the nuts if a Q or T comes?
Old 06-15-2005, 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Because it's 6-handed and you only get to play three hands for your money

[/ QUOTE ]

but the issue is which option is more +ev, not which option costs you the least, right?

I dunno, my ev/hand from utg and utg+1 outweigh my loss in the bb by a fair amount, and you'd have to think you lose less posting in the CO than the BB because of the positional advantage. so I can miss hands a fair bit and sill come out ahead posting, plus it helps the image.

(this all assumes you are a decent, winning player)