Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2005, 11:50 AM

Default What is your action?

Typical party 15/30

Your in the SB with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

4 limpers, you comlete, and the BB checks. (6 players)

Flop is A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Whats your action? Are you leading into these 5 players, or checking and seeing where your at?
Old 04-27-2005, 12:24 PM

Default Re: What is your action?

coming from a 3/6 point of view, i would try and check raise this. Theres almost no chance your hand is going to hold up against a large field, so thining the numbers is beneficial to you and a single bet is not going to achieve this......
Old 04-27-2005, 12:33 PM

I check to see what develops. I'm hoping for EP's to check and have an LP bet so I can CR. If I get heads up with the LP bettor, I'll bet any turn card. If there were two-bet cold callers to my flop CR, I slow down (what possible hand could they be calling cold with that you have beat?). If there is action on the flop after I check...and it is two bets to me....I easily muck. If an EP bets and there are several callers, I muck.
Old 04-27-2005, 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
coming from a 3/6 point of view, i would try and check raise this. Theres almost no chance your hand is going to hold up against a large field, so thining the numbers is beneficial to you and a single bet is not going to achieve this......

[/ QUOTE ]

what in gods name do you mean no chance of holding up?? so everybody has a 9 or a 2 or whatever? even then theres LESS chance of them drawing out...checking may let a hand like QT catch a q or a T or a J that he'd stay with incorrectly on the turn assuming pot odds aint there to hit the about 5:1 draw.

theres no straight draw. no flush draw. and no reason to suspect (at this point) a higher ace. sometimes checking and maybe raising maybe calling and betting the turn isn't bad. i dont know the ev difference between betting and checking here...

or just outright betting...betting gets hands that would fold to your bet out that have a slight chance (low pairs) of winning if you check out of the hand.

honesly, i think i usually bet here. but sometimes check

-Barron
Old 04-27-2005, 12:55 PM

You bet because you should also routinely be betting a 9 here!
Old 04-27-2005, 12:59 PM

I check and take one off if there's an early bet and a couple calls. If it's checked to one of the last 2 players and they bet, I'm raising.
Old 04-27-2005, 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...and no reason to suspect (at this point) a higher ace.

[/ QUOTE ]
Since there are many players in the hand, and since a lot of players play any A...isn't this enough reason to at least suspect an A is out there? Doesn't checking allow you to determine a little better if this suspiscion is correct (eg....EP bets, next guy raises....one cold caller)? I guess betting can do this too...but I like saving that bet until I get more info. There is the chance it gets checked around...but I think most players will take a stab at that pot if in LP and several check (I know I do).
Old 04-27-2005, 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You bet because you should also routinely be betting a 9 here!

[/ QUOTE ]

betting might be right, but I don't agree with your reason why. the two holdings are very different obviously. I think betting a 9 is a good play. I'm less clear about the weakest Ace.
Old 04-27-2005, 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I check and take one off if there's an early bet and a couple calls. If it's checked to one of the last 2 players and they bet, I'm raising.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats my line.
Old 04-27-2005, 02:09 PM

on more coordinated boards i'd usually check, but this one is pretty dry so i'd usually just bet out though sometimes i check.