Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-2005, 01:13 PM

Default KJo in BB

Villan was hard to read. Definately loose. Somewhat maniacal at the beginning of the session then slowed down a bit while still being loose. He was winning a lot of hands both with and without showing down.

Paradise Poker 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, CO folds, SB folds.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

River: (10.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP2 folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.50 BB

Facing a LAG and an unknown on the turn with TPGK getting 10:1 or so, I went into calldown mode. Results aside, it felt weak.

I'm wondering if I should have re-raised the turn. At the moment I thought villan might have a raggedy Jack/two pair or a flush draw but that was solely based on his bet. The fact that he was UTG doesn't help me put him on a particular hand, his VPIP was &gt;80 for the 50 or so odd hands I played with him.
Old 01-21-2005, 01:18 PM

Default Re: KJo in BB

Hard to say, guy was on a good run and 87 is not beyond the realm of possibilities for him. I agree with your line.
Old 01-21-2005, 01:19 PM

Against a maniac I'm reraising the turn, especially with a weak callers fluffing the pot for you. If he caps I call-down on the river.
Old 01-21-2005, 01:21 PM

LMAO at that avatar [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-21-2005, 01:29 PM

I've seen bad players raise in that spot with tp/any kicker enough times to think that 3-betting your hand is the best option.

I 3bet then lead at the river. If it's capped on the turn, I check/call unless mp2 comes alive.