Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2004, 12:02 PM

Default Re: low limit on party/empire

Very good points all around. I can say that I used to feel the same way. I moved all around in limits because too much crazy stuff was happening at the .5/1 Party tables. Sooner or later you will realize that, as Cracker says, if you can't beat these players there is no reason to move up. It might take some time to learn how to play the correct game to beat this limit, but you will learn and it will make you a better player in the long run.

harboral also made a very good point. You are seeing only 25 hands an hour at a B&M. If you play only 1 online table you are probably seeing almost twice that number, so the number of "weird things" that you see will be packed into a shorter time frame. It's hard when you get Kings busted twice by someone who hits their inside straight draw on the river. However, the fact that the other guy chased his straight draw to the river - ignoring pot odds - is the reason why these games are so good.

Old 01-05-2004, 12:57 PM

Don't worry about being up as much as people here claim. I'd say probably 80% of them are full of $hit, probably more. Read/Post in the small stakes and micro stakes forums and you should be on your way in no time.

For some comical honesty, I consider my favorite fact in my pokertracker to be that my Empire name is the most losing player in my DB. And its by a lot. VERY GOOD STUFF! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 01-05-2004, 11:59 PM

Thanks for the advise Cracker