Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Hold'em

Old 12-29-2005, 03:55 PM

Default Re: Why did you checkraise?

[ QUOTE ]
stealing with small pocket pairs can't be profitable in the party 20 game, although i would love to see some numbers to refute or backup my statement.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you'll raise 77+ in that spot?
Old 12-29-2005, 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
W/all that being said, I just toss my 22 on the turn rather than raise them. If you had a specific read on your opponent I'd like it better.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't disagree, but on a QQ4 flop with a player in between, what does he have?
Old 12-29-2005, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
stealing with small pocket pairs can't be profitable in the party 20 game, although i would love to see some numbers to refute or backup my statement.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd go as low as 55+ if the numbers of the blinds showed enough possibility of fold equity.

I hope my post didn't sound condescending, I definately didn't mean it to be that way. I just have found that 22-44 was not a stealing hand in this game. I do think you played the hand quite well after the flop.
Old 12-29-2005, 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
W/all that being said, I just toss my 22 on the turn rather than raise them. If you had a specific read on your opponent I'd like it better.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't disagree, but on a QQ4 flop with a player in between, what does he have?

[/ QUOTE ]

just overcards, any ace, a 4, 33-99

if he is a bad player he may still call the turn raise with a worse hand (overcards), and also a decent thinking player will very often release a mediocre (but better) hand here.

a raise on the turn is a profitable play against a couple different types of players, so a read is not as important here as in some other hands i think.
Old 12-29-2005, 07:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd go as low as 55+ if the numbers of the blinds showed enough possibility of fold equity.

I hope my post didn't sound condescending, I definately didn't mean it to be that way. I just have found that 22-44 was not a stealing hand in this game. I do think you played the hand quite well after the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm, that's interesting. I am raising any playable hand here and most crappy hands as well. With position, the extra SB, and seeing that the CO has cheese I'm looking for excuses to get involved.
Old 12-29-2005, 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm, that's interesting. I am raising any playable hand here and most crappy hands as well. With position, the extra SB, and seeing that the CO has cheese I'm looking for excuses to get involved.

[/ QUOTE ]

okay, fair enough. my problem with those hands is probably I don't play them well enough postflop in all honesty.
Old 12-30-2005, 02:19 AM

Yeah dont really know what I was thikning about calling the flop and folding to the turn bet. I think I meant to say that I'd fold it to the flop c/r.
Old 12-30-2005, 03:37 AM

I like this hand a lot, Dave. What turn cards are you not raising when you call the flop c/r? A? 4? T/J/K? Or are you always raising the turn...
Old 12-30-2005, 07:25 AM

i would fold the flop. you are playing with fulltable fags remember. expect to see a4 here and realize you made him feel smart.
Old 12-30-2005, 07:26 AM

i only like pf if the blinds are so tight that you would make this play with xx.