Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2005, 12:12 AM

Default A hand I Watched DrG play

hey drG made a short video which i watched and we disagreed on the following hand.

he's headsup with a 50/30. drG is in the sb with K7o. opponent is a 50/30 over 180 hands. drG's notes are "bets out draws whole way, check calls K high whole way, gaybets gaybets gaybets gaybets, never ever folds anything"

drG has K7o
drG raises villain calls.

flop 4 5 6 (2 spades)

drG bets, villian raises drG 3bets, villain caps, drG calls.

turn Td

drG checks villain bets, drG calls

river Qd

drG checks villain bets, drG folds.

final pot is 9bb.

i think my logic is skewed, which is why im posting the hand. but my problem is that if he's going to make the pot really big on the flop i think he's gotta call the river. but if this is the type of player who he doesn't feel he's ahead of enough on the river when he bets/ but will always call down, then i think drG should just call the flop raise, and checkcall the turn, check fold the river unless he hits a K 8 7 or 4, in which case he can check raise.

the problem i have with my line of thought is that drG is giving up equity on the flop where he's certain his hand is a favorite.

stealthcow-
Old 12-08-2005, 01:09 AM

Default Re: A hand I Watched DrG play

if he thinks King high might be best against this sort of opponent I think calling the initial flop raise with the intention of calling down is a viable line. This keeps the option to checkraise open also.

Yea he has an equity edge but it's probably not huge and you don't want to get pushed off the best hand or give the villain the chance to call the flop 3bet and raise you on the turn with a good hand. If I was in position I would definitely pump the flop.

I don't have a problem with the way Dr G played it though and I think the river is close.
Old 12-08-2005, 04:18 AM

Default Re: A hand I Watched DrG play

call his flop raise, check call turn, check fold river, based on his flop play you're not gonna push him off a better hand.