Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2005, 06:43 PM

Default Re: I NO LONGER COACH

[ QUOTE ]
The Chance of you meeting Bones is decreasing exponentially with every anti-SFB post that he makes

[/ QUOTE ]

Posting pics of hot chicks is hardly anti-SFB. If anything, those 2 little sluts were just looking for some early evening lovin'.

And yes, the avatar is courtesy of Peja.
Old 11-30-2005, 06:47 PM

Default Re: One year ago today, I...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bluefeet, BTW, is one of the nicest guys on these boards.

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed. I Can't wait to meet him in February.

[/ QUOTE ]

My problem w/BF is that he wants a *STTF - HUC -II* hat w/ special monogramme...Where, in the pluperfectfuck, am I gonna find a hat in "teal" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 11-30-2005, 07:13 PM

Without 2 + 2 I would not have had 4 absolutely terrific experiences:

1.) New Year's Eve Day @ the "DeathStar"...Irieguy/Zen/SFB started playing $55's at 8:00AM...SFB was banned from playing but not from drinking, so I quaffed a bottle of DonnyP by myownself...By Noon we were up $1,800 & I was faced....I wanted to take it "Uptown"; but the "littlebabies" were afraid of regression-to-the-mean (whateverthefuct that is) so we stayed at $55's...Ended the day with 185 $55's at a net profit of $2,997..I went to bed

2.) Mid-Spring Time "STTF" get-together in LA...Got my first dose of Raptor-Yugo-Iriegy nonsense at CommerceClub and meet Microbet & RojoSox

3.) '05 WSOP / STTF Rodeo....Met 66's/Slacker/Beef/Dali/Usher/Irie/Zen/Raptor...kicked ass / took names...Got to buy lotsa drinks/dinner/stories etc.

4.) *STTF - HUC - I*....Met up w/ 20 or so of the usual suspects and had a great time....Beef & Slacker beat up the Let-it-Ride game...Lacky taught 'em all a lesson..I learn't some things about pro & semi-pro scrippas I didn't know. Found out that no amount of Exedrin can overcome a 'Dali" onslaught...Learned what the "Dude" found so entertaining about White-Russians....Remembered what a [censored]-hole Palace Station really was....Wondered how 66's coulda got hisownself thode-outta that place....Found out how really limpdicked some of the 2+2'er's are when it comes to HU play.

All-in-All = an awesome year...Let's do it allover again [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 11-30-2005, 07:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
'05 WSOP / STTF Rodeo

[/ QUOTE ]

What was that? The 1st event dealio?
Old 11-30-2005, 08:10 PM

Nice post.

One year ago I...

1. Was playing NL Cash and MTTs way higher then my BR.

2. Hadn't ever played higher then a $20STT online. (more then a few times)

3. Was in school [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] , kinda [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

4. Had never met a 2+2er, I may not have even had AIM at that point (my 2+2 IM, us Canadians use "MSN")

5. Sucked at poker

6. Never had played in a tournament with a buyin over $100

Since then, I have...

1. Learned how to manage my bankroll and game selection like a business.

2. Made poker my full time job.

3. In a revelation that has made my life much happier, Decided to take the year off of school.

4. Played in several 1k+ buyin events, including a canadian poker tour event, and a European Poker tour event. (live) and a $2600 buyin event online.

5. Played every level of STT offered on party poker, and about a bajillion 215s with a double digit roi and up to 10/20 NL cash online.

6. Made lots of friends and met several very smart and cool people through 2+2, some who I talk to on a daily basis and all who I look forward to seeing again in Vegas.
Old 11-30-2005, 08:17 PM

Why does this thread already have over 3800 views?
Old 11-30-2005, 08:19 PM

one year ago: i wasn't familiar with the term "bubble."

enough said.
Old 11-30-2005, 08:30 PM

One year ago today, I...

1. Played one scared table of Party .5/1 limit, with an occasional $5+1 mixed in when I was feeling daring.

2. Played without rakeback, and wondered how anyone could clear a $200 Party bonus in one week.

3. Had just discovered bonuswhores.com, but didn't understand most of its content.

4. Owned a couple Sklansky books, but didn't understand much, and hadn't found the website on the back. Definitely didn't know any 2+2ers.

5. Had a bankroll of $200, thanks to a big cash in a live MTT when I was hit in the head by the deck.

6. Played weak aces and broadway cards at all times.

7. Played on a 17" CRT...owned by my parents...after everyone else was done with the computer at night.

Since then, I have...

1. Progressed to confidently playing 1/2 at multiple sites, and the 16s at Stars, to work off half a dozen bonuses. Burned out on limit. Began concentrating on SNGs recently.

2. Still no rakeback (yet)...

3. ...but never play without a bonus, and am eternally grateful to bonuswhores.

4. Purchased, read, and re-read several other 2+2 books, and discovered the wealth of information on the site. Also began contributing, in an effort to learn and repay. Still don't know any 2+2ers, but then again Kansas isn't a hotbed of poker.

5. Clearing in the low four figures each month.

6. Am turning into a pushbot.

7. Bought a Dell 6000 notebook to four-table whenever I want. Best investment ever.
Old 11-30-2005, 08:34 PM

you a-holes w/ your trenchant remarks about being able to teach the morons and the sociopaths to beat the 109's (something 95% of you can't do)--that's what passes for a high-point
Old 11-30-2005, 08:34 PM

We had a 2+2 get together on the eve of the '05 WSOP..That's the evening that Raptor blew-off the fifteenlarge in 5 minutes...Very funny deal = @ 6:30 Raptor sidles over to me to "E-penius" his homey-wad which was a roll of Huny's as big as Seth's dick...At 7:00 he (Raptor) couldn't buy a cocktail even if he was 19, which he wasn't [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]