Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2005, 01:46 PM

Default Re: My PT stats.. especially folded to steals

[ QUOTE ]

[On a sidenote, Sweden sucks.]

[/ QUOTE ]
Why? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-27-2005, 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Drawing hands like that are tough to play OOP especially in a raised pot. Think about it this way. You are willingly putting more money in the pot OOP than you have to with the worst hand, as anyone who calls you will almost certainly have you beat. That just doesn't make much sense.

Try changing this one thing. Stop building the pot OPP with those SC so much.

[/ QUOTE ]
I had this exact problem and lately Ive tried to just do this (raise with low SC and so, in EP I use to limp more often now instead of raising) plays when having good or semi- good position which have helped me a lot.
Old 11-27-2005, 03:14 PM

When this happens to me I press the reset button.

I become a smart rock for a while. I only enter pots with premium cards and only for a healthy raise. If you can't open for a raise with what you think is the best hand, fold. never limp OOP, NEVER. Don't try to outplay your opponents after the flop and don't bluff. When you think you're ahead, bet and raise. When you think your beat fold, no matter what you have.

By playing this way for a while you can't loose much and it's very easy. It lets me think about what the other players at that level are up to while building my confidense that I CAN play a this level and not get killed.

Also, you'd be suprised at how many people aren't paying attention to you rockish ABC play and will pay off you're big hands.

I play like this until it gets so boring I can't stand it. Then I start buiding my game back little by little. I might start calling raises with small PP in position as long as the stacks are deep enough. Then I might add a c-bet once and a while, but only when the conditions a perfect.

After a few 1000 hands I have my full game back leaving behind all the crappy habits and plays that don't show a profit.

Then I"M BACK BABY!
Old 11-27-2005, 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[On a sidenote, Sweden sucks.]

[/ QUOTE ]
Why? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm guessing you didn't see the Conan O'Brien episode where he was sucking up to the Finnish people and then held this sign up that said Sweden sucks.

Believe it or not, that was the main news story in all the major newspapers in Finland the next day. I know. Finland is pathetic.
Old 11-27-2005, 03:42 PM

Ok, im 75% swedish 25% finish so I guess I suck and are a little patetic then... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 11-27-2005, 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

5/10 = 8.11

[/ QUOTE ]
you're hawt!
Old 11-27-2005, 05:30 PM

my pt stats are 36/25.

It seems to me you're going to showdown too much, yet winning too often at showdown. Really weird contradiction there, but it must mean you're making too many loose calls on the flop and or turn, either weak draws or weak marginal hands, and then folding the river to a 2nd barrel (or 3rd) with that same marginal made hand you thought was good on the turn but changed your mind on the river.

yet your aggro factor on the turn and river are a little higher then mine, so perhaps later streets you're raising/folding a little more then optimal, whereas on the flop you're calling in some spots you should raise or fold. Hmm.
Old 11-27-2005, 09:29 PM

Here are your numbers next to my numbers, which are in bold. Mine are from 5k hands at 5/10 6-max. I have been playing a lot of heads up and shorthanded 2-4 players so the average people in hands is probably more like 4 than 5.5-7. I am also running pretty good at ~15BB/100.

VPIP 32% 32%
Preflop raise 14% 19%
Vol. from small blind 46% 43%
Folded SB to steal 65% 82%
Folded BB to steal 55% 68%
Went to showdown 29% 26%
Won% at showdown 58% 45%

Agressio factors are:

Preflop .75 1.28
Flop 2.27 4.71
Turn 2.10 3.03
River 2.15 2.35

Key notes: I am looser than most of the other players in my game and you are still looser than me preflop. You are also playing with more people. This could be a big leak.

I also never openlimp, but then again I always play shorthanded.

You seem to be quite loose from the blinds. I have no problem calling button raises with stuff like A10 or A7s or whatever 6-handed but it seems like you might be taking it too far. I would not call with hands like 107s from either SB or BB. I think you are defending your SB too much.

I am a good bit more aggressive than you. This is probably because I'm playing against fewer oppoinents than you. I donno. I think your numbers here are probably fine.

Won$ at showdown: big discrepancy. I probably bluff too much. Then again, I get paid off big when I do hit. I think your number is fine, mine is probably the one thtat needs work.

I hope my comments help, if you have questions, let me know.
Old 11-28-2005, 05:04 AM

Yup.
The blind "protection" is one of the biggest leaks. Let's say I have J2s on the big blind someone miniraises from LP others fold. Now I have a [censored] hand, but it was only miniraised for gods sake -- but then i'm out of position, kind of lost here.
Aswell I have habbit of calling the normal 4bb raises with all aces, all suited connectors, pairs etc.
Ty for the comments.