Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2005, 04:16 PM

Default Re: (OT) Calling all Chicago/midwest are STTFiots

[ QUOTE ]
Cit, wanna name of few of these places where we can get a large party together? I am totally clueless, i'm a sheltered surburbanite who goes to school in chicago, and hasn't seen anything past greek town.

[/ QUOTE ]

a lot depends on how many people we anticipate having.

a variety of the steak houses, including ditkas, have private dining rooms for groups 10 and up or so.

a large number of italian places do large parties, including vinci, maggianos, tuscany, etc.

it mostly depends on what all we want to do. if we're all over 21 and such, it gets a bit easier to do assorted whatnot. but if what we want to do is have dinner and such, we should get a rough headcount (2p2ers, gfs, wives, bfs, husbands, friends, etc) and figure out what people want to do. acting early makes us more able to reserve space if need be.

c
Old 11-08-2005, 08:12 PM

Alright, let's get a head count, let's finish the head count by Sunday so we can make reservations by monday. Is that too late to end head count? I'm in for 2 peeps (me and friend)... i'l update this thread on friday night and then again on sunday night as to how many people are. i'll start the list with the people who i know are coming. Also state your age... (man i'm bad at this).

*J-Lo 2
*rybones 1
*gildwulff 1
*citanul?
*JohnnyBeef?

gimme confirmations... i'l put an asterisk by the poeple who are 21+... We still DON'T know where we're gonna hold this place.. would people want nice steak house (v pricey), nice italian place (magianos- moderateley pricey), or white castle (dirt cheap)?
Old 11-08-2005, 08:13 PM

21, I'm not sure how well next weekend is so put me down for a probably...
Old 11-08-2005, 08:23 PM

im 21 and would be in especially if it was that weekend after thanksgiving. i go to school in madison but am originally from outside chicago so the weekend before that i might come rep but its a little more questionable.
Old 11-08-2005, 09:09 PM

is there a head count on this thing yet? I have already sent a pm to J-Lo, but should post if we are in? Are we relying on J-lo to organize or do we have any volunteers to to take care of that? Anyone have any thoughts on type of game and stakes? Should we all wear kilts with nothing underneath? Are there other things we need to consider?

Ryan
Old 11-08-2005, 09:13 PM

I'd be up for 10/20 SH Although carrying a bankroll around public transit in Chicago is not my idea of fun...

Do people have cars?