Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2005, 10:12 PM

Default Re: KK hand in SB - 25 NL, good sized pot.

Didn't my plan work out to perfection (until the river diamond [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]) though? I got two players to put (essentially) all their money in, and I had the best hand (at the time). Without the lame river card, it worked out exactly as I had hoped. Donks calling down with draws and small pairs against my Kings. (Trying not to be results oriented here.)
Old 10-14-2005, 11:34 PM

Yeah, you got some money in with the best hand... but you still let too many people play the pot with you. You're not favored vs the entire field, and if you win vs the entire field, really... you got lucky.

Thin the field man! After thinking, I think the turn is better. If you bet $18 there, you're going all in on the river anyways right?

I'd rather win a small pot with KK then play a big pot 5 handed Out of Position.
Old 10-15-2005, 12:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I am definitely not saying it was the right play, I was just explaining my reasoning at the time.
My thoughts:
I thought I could push them off at the turn on an uncoordinated board with a big bet and not have to even go to a showdown. The bets they were trading in the first orbit were 2-3 bucks at the most and there was lots of folding on the turn. These seemed to be classic weak type players, playing lots of hands but folding to aggression, unless they had any piece of the flop. This seemed like an opportunity to grow the pot without giving away my hand- a perfect situation for a big pair (or so I thought).

[/ QUOTE ]

This does not make sense. The way you get money from players who call too much is by betting when you have a good hand, not making them fold. They will give you their money when you bet big preflop with the kings. They will give you their money with they flop TP on a Qxx board. If your plan is to push them around then you dont' need KK to do it.