Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 10-09-2005, 05:35 PM

Default a hand with jrjordan

co is jrjordan, he's liek a 30/20 and i've been card dead for most of the session at the table, he looks like he's been lagging it up. also fwiw, the 3rd guy in this hand is a complete moron, in fact the rest of the table was quite horrible.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (16.50 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, BB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (9.75 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG folds.

River: (11.75 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13.75 BB
Old 10-09-2005, 05:44 PM

Default Re: a hand with jrjordan

perfect all you are ahead of is exactly AQs. If you have a good read I would consider a) folding the turn or b)raising the river and folding to a 3bet. However, without a strong read play it just like you did.

-DrG
Old 10-09-2005, 06:00 PM

i think you can fold the turn.
Old 10-09-2005, 06:11 PM

Hey Stealth. That was a great table. It did look like you were going a bit card dead. I feel like I could've played this hand better as well. I'll elaborate on my own play after a few more responses and then I can reveal what I had.

As for your play. You mentioned I was LAGging it a little bit, but consider my range on this turn bet. PF cap means AQ/AK, and TT+ish for your standard 2p2er. Flop bet is mandatory regardless of what I have. When the turn K hits, I'm going to have a real tough time betting TT-QQ here, especially with the donk in the hand who we both know isn't folding. It really narrows my hand down to sets, AK which dominates you, and AQ which you have some odds to draw. I think you're right on with your comments after the hand.
Old 10-09-2005, 06:32 PM

yea, i like the turn fold. some thoughts i had on the hand

the 2 other players were so bad, and i didn't know how big a range you put me on. when utg limped and you raised, my inital range of your hands was probably down to like A5s, K7, 55+ (maybe more lol). i was trying to figure out if you were capping for value/fold equity against me, although that seems out of line because it would make more sense for you to hope one of the two idiots donks the flop and you can raise, giving me a tough flop decision if its all unders. i was also wondering how you'd play KQs and AJs here. i think my call down is okay if you had seen me 3bet you light with something like KTs(because then you might be capping the 2 above hands). but given how i had been playing, my flop call screams an ace wanting showdown

stealthcow-
Old 10-09-2005, 08:21 PM

I would have raised the flop.
Old 10-09-2005, 09:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would have raised the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

why? why do i want the fish to leave the hand? on that safe a board, i want him to stay in because 1)he's drawing slim if much at all and 2) he keeps jrjordan honest because he can't really make a play against me if he expects the fish to call down the whole way

stealthcow-