Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2005, 10:03 AM

Default DN\'s comments on his match vs Mimi Tran

http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poke...amp;ucat=&

My favourite part for everyone that likes to say how huge DN0's ego is these days (and yes, it's really big, wich doesn't mean he isn't still very down to earth):

By 5:30am, 10.5 hours after we'd started, I sucked out for the very last time and won my first challenge match. Overall I was happy with my play, but limit hold'em is a card catching contest and it was clear that I caught the most cards.

Mimi is an excellent limit hold'em player. Me beating her doesn't really say very much. These challenge matches that I'm playing don't equate to, "Whoever wins must be the better player." It's a relatively short time span we’re dealing with . Against David we had 50 bets, and against Mimi it was a total of 62.5 bets.

So while I thoroughly enjoy these matches, win or lose it doesn't say much about "who's better" if that's what you are looking for.
Old 05-17-2005, 11:47 AM

Default Re: DN\'s comments on his match vs Mimi Tran

i rarely read his blog (which translates to: i only read the poker content) but he seems ok. It's easy to rattle off online but people come across differently in real life than they do online. It's all about delivery.