Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Two Plus Two > ISOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2005, 02:52 PM

Default Suggestions

What would you like to see (or not see) in the ISOP?
Old 01-09-2005, 04:42 PM

Default Re: Suggestions

Other games.

It was mentioned in the other thread and I know you've got only HE planned for this year though, but what about a smaller parallel series of events: PLO, Limit O8, Limit HE, PLO8, Stud, Stud8. PLus the other stuff like Razz, Lowball etc. Sites have these games and I'm sure plenty of folk would like to prove themselves the best at these events.
Old 01-09-2005, 05:44 PM

i have not chimed in on this other game discussion. however, you folks make some good points.

year one will be NLHE for all events. in year two we will introduce a PL event and a Limit event. Perhaps the PL event will be PLO/8 to get the high low players an event and the Omaha Players as well.

as far as a stud event, or any other exotics (please don't scream at me for classifying stud as an exotic. i am fully aware that it came first with popularity), we will discuss adding additional events in year 2.

we can see that we would have been able to fill a larger schedule for this first year. some sites are willing to take 2 or 3 months. we will capitalize on this in year 2 and perhaps have it cover 15 events plus a finals.

from the standpoint of the sponsors, we would not expect any of them to take a NON-nlhe event this first year as this may put them at a disadvantage considering nlhe is the tourney of choice these days. for instance, while i love the idea of a stud event, i think that would have been a hard one to get sponsored in this first season. next season there will nothing that is hard to get scheduled.

keep the comments coming folks. this is the place for it and they will be noted.

thx graham

Old 01-09-2005, 07:27 PM

No disconnect protection & a time bank.
Old 01-09-2005, 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What would you like to see (or not see) in the ISOP?

[/ QUOTE ]

A structure that isn't a preflop all-in crapshoot.

eastbay
Old 01-09-2005, 07:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Other games.

It was mentioned in the other thread and I know you've got only HE planned for this year though, but what about a smaller parallel series of events: PLO, Limit O8, Limit HE, PLO8, Stud, Stud8. PLus the other stuff like Razz, Lowball etc. Sites have these games and I'm sure plenty of folk would like to prove themselves the best at these events.

[/ QUOTE ]
in addition to those games i would like to see commentary by lederer. maybe expose the whole cards of the final table after it has been completed. maybe add in a few extra deposit bonuses for each site too. getting shana hiatt to host would not be a bad idea.
Old 01-09-2005, 08:03 PM

add in a few extra deposit bonuses for each site too.

fo SHO' we have encouraged this. depo bonuses to coincide with the site's event is a marketing no-brainer
Old 01-09-2005, 10:27 PM

I don't really see what is going to make the ISOP tournaments different from just normal tournaments. Are more people going to play in a MTT at some medium sized site like the Gaming Club just because it is the ISOP? Are the buyins for these tournaments going to be higher than normal online tournaments?
Old 01-09-2005, 11:48 PM

HU NL tournament
mixed games tournament (eg 1/2 HE, 1/2 Stud)

$1k multirebuy/addon winner take all. chat off, no deals allowed. hahaha

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-10-2005, 12:29 AM

With regards to the whole variety of games thing, here is a potentially dumb idea (though I think it's good of course).

Since it's going to be something like $1000+50 and you expect ~2000 players at each event, why not take a certain percentage of that and have a freeroll each month relating to the ISOP. Everyone who bought into that month's event can claim a ticket to that freeroll (though they don't have to).

For example, if you are holding the Feb event at Pokerstars with 2000 participants, make a $5000 PLO freeroll (5% of total vig). While that may not be a lot of money to the participants, someone will get their claim to fame as being the champion of PLO for the 2005 ISOP.

To further my suggestion, I would say that the freerolls should be heavily top-structured, so that no prize is less than, say, $500 or something.

Regards,
John