Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2005, 04:21 AM

Default My 1st trip to Vegas

Well...... it was interesting to say the least. Arrive Wed afternoon after my drive from Southern Cal. To find Dr. Dali playing some 30/60. I decide to join in. Boring as hell. I win $160 and we leave. Off to the Karaoke bar where Dali proceeeds to put the audience into a trance with his rendition of "You Make Me Feel Like Dancing". Interesting to say the least. Dali gets annihilated. Johnny Beef and I are starving. Craig brings along 3 friends to watch Aaron sing. His one friend Brynn is gorgeous. Exit stage left is Craig, Raptor, and Brynn, and we finally get Aaron the hell out of there. More drunk than A freshman sorority girl. Good times! Anyhow, Johnny Beef and I head over to the Wynn where we meet up with a stone-faced Raptor. Finally ,time for dinner!!!!!!! 2am style. After dinner it's off to play some blackjack. Raptor is the most insane blackjack player ever. Without going into too much detail, he goes up 3500, loses all that + what he had on him. Then goes to the ATM takes out 1k, wins it up to 7k. Don't ask me, he's nuts. He knows he's nuts. Bed 5am.....Get up Thurs morning, play some blackjack and poker....nothing too exciting, was down some, got back up. Friday.... make our way over to the Rio to watch some of the action going on. 3 hours to register 2200 players. Thanks, but I'll pass. I have no experience with multi's (At this point) and I'd rather not go in on a crap shoot or wait 3 hours to register. anyhow, it was cool to see all the pros. Afterwards I play a $100 SNG at the Palms which Usher wins. Head over to the place where all the 2+2's are. Craig convinces me to play in this $200 multi at the palms. Not even in a poker mood. I go over. about the 6th hand, I get 66...... flop 6h 5h 3s ...... 1 guy bets 85, another caller, I raise to 200. Both call. Turn is a 3, so I bet 150 now knowing the flush draw means nothing, they both fold. DOH! Following hand i get 55. Guy min raised from the gun. I call..... Flop Ac 5h 3c. I put this guy on Ax, so im going to slowplay it. He bets 150, I call. Turn 7. He pushes, I call. He shows A3, river is a Jack. 4 hands later (and im not even kidding) I get 22. I call for 50, guy raises to 200, and a 3rd person calls, so i figure i have odds to see this since i have tripled up already. Flop Qh 4c 2h..... Unreal 3rd set in 6 hands... 1st guy bets 300, 2nd guy raises to 800...again, im not slowplaying...someone is on a flush draw.. i Push....both fold. (they said they had 10s and QJ)....time goes by....240 entrees by the way.....and we get to about 5-6 hrs in....im at 6500 chips. blinds 800/1600, 200 ante. im in trouble, with 30 left, 27 make the $. $ was 475 (but after 200 + 30 buy-in and $200 rebuy for me just extra chips, i never busted) i wasnt playing for $45 profit. Anyhow, I get AA in SB. I think perfect. 2 all-ins in front of me. I call. 88 vs AK vs my AA..... so im screaming no 8, no 8....flop K 5 2 .....not bad...turn King.... NOOOOOOOOOOOO.........River ACE..........are you kidding? SERIOUSLY? WOW. I went from dead in the water to 3rd in chips at my table with the almost quadruple up w/ ante and BB involved. it gets down to 20 and I have AA UTG, I raise, and get pushed on, and I lose to 88 to a smaller stack.oh well...I go down to average chip stack...18 left... I get 77.. blinds 1500/3000 with 400 ante. someone calls before me. i look at him, and think he has a monster. I figure to call for set purposes. NO way anyone is pushing with 2 limpers. SB calls, BB checks. FLOP K J 7 ..... (im thinking unreal)...SB bets 8000, BB is all-in, initial limper folds, GREEN LIGHT for me.... I'm all-in....... SB thinks, sees a decent stack and FOLDS (tells me he had Q10) BB has K9, turn 6, river 9 ( wouldve lost if i slowplayed the set, SB had me covered).... I double up... Get down to the final table.... 10 left... Blinds 1500/3000 400 ante still.... I get 99 UTG + 2... I raise to 10k.....4th guy pushes (which im going to call) BB is chip leader, he pushes all-in... OK IM OUT!!!! 4th guy AJ vs Chip Leader's AA..... a Jack hit on the flop so I was happy the chip leader had AA or I'd be gone..... I lost 10k of my 45k stack, but I'm ok with it. Very next hand I Get 10s, UTG + 1. Well christ, I'm not doing 10k again.... I push.. get called by KK. (#%$#@%$%) flop J 5 4 turn : 3 river : 10 ....... UNREAL.......WOW. next hand I get AK suited UTG (remember this is 3 consecutive hands!) I raise to 15k, and take out the small stack. down to 8...... 4th hand in a row - this time AKo BB... SICK 4 consecutive hands.... chip leader raises to 12k, guy with 35k is all-in, i have 100k so I push (Chip leader who has 170k folds, he told me he had A9)... Im up against K10 and I take him out.....down to 7...6....5...4 once we're down to 4, it's 430am. I suggest we split this all up based on chip stacks. I'm currently in 2nd.... IF We play it out .... 1st is 28k, 2nd 14k, 3rd 10k, 4th 7700..... So we allocate based on chip counts and I get $15,200! PERFECT, I'll take it, because if we play it out and I get 2nd, I actually lose based off this agreement, only 1 way to improve and that's 1st. Screw that, I can barely see the cards at this hour 7pm til 430am..... NICE.... So I cash out and take my 15200 back to my comped room at the Wynn. I decide im done and im heading home. Way too much cash on me..... so I sleep til noon and head back Sat afternoon. NOT BAD.... So that's my first trip to Vegas. A very memorable one at that. Sorry to bore you all. It was very nice meeting Dali, Craig, Raptor, Johnny Beef, Don, Skipper Bob, Usher and anyone else I missed. GOOD TIMES! Definitely have to do that again. - Jared
Old 06-08-2005, 04:28 AM

Default Re: My 1st trip to Vegas

nice trip report i liked it a lot it was good to read and i enjoyed it but i wish you'd used more commas and periods because it seemed like you didn't even though you did, maybe it was because of the formating. anyway cool!
Old 06-08-2005, 04:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
nice trip report i liked it a lot it was good to read and i enjoyed it but i wish you'd used more commas and periods because it seemed like you didn't even though you did, maybe it was because of the formating. anyway cool!

[/ QUOTE ] If it wasn't 1:30 AM and I wasn't tired, it would have been more properly written!

Jared
Old 06-08-2005, 04:39 AM

i wanna read raptors book on blackjack.
Old 06-08-2005, 05:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i wanna read raptors book on blackjack.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I read somewhere it reads like:

Chapter 1: Plug in luckbox
Chapter 2: Ship it!!
Chapter 3: Profit!!!

But I dunno.
Old 06-08-2005, 07:15 AM

Nice post man. I hope my first trip to Vegas is half as good as yours.

Congrats luckbox..lol
Old 06-08-2005, 07:17 AM

I'm a little disappointed that my 12th place finish in that same tourney wasn't mentioned.

I remember all that stuff though. Good times.
Old 06-08-2005, 10:19 AM

nice trip report, sounds like very good times. wish i could have made it out there this past week. congrats on the win! what all did you have to do to get a comped room at the wynn, since it seems like you didn't play there like ever?

citanul
Old 06-08-2005, 10:39 AM

Kick Ass!

That is having the deck slam you in the face! That 4 hand set was unreal.

Haven't had that many flopped trips in a week... Congrats! Sounds like one hell of a good time for the first time in Vegas.
Old 06-08-2005, 10:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm a little disappointed that my 12th place finish in that same tourney wasn't mentioned.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a little disappointed that Greek didn't mention his monster run as a Horse-Race Pro, or the GigaPwning of his hotel room! Great to meet you GreekHaus, good times.

Slacker - Who is almost sober enough now to write a trip report.