Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2005, 04:04 PM

Default Anna Kournikova

Taking a shot at 1/2 . . .

Villain is a PT fish after 91 hands with a 56 VPIP and a PFR of 1.

Advice on all streets, please.

Full Tilt 1/2 (8-handed)

Preflop: <font color="green">marchron</font> is MP2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="green">marchron raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.5 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

BB checks, <font color="green">marchron bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB checkraises</font>, <font color="green">marchron calls</font>.

Checkraising with a flush draw is out of the question for him. He's definitely got a K, and I'm almost certainly pwning him. I'll wait until the bets double to make him pay for it.

Turn: (4 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="green">marchron raises</font>, BB calls.

Maybe he figured out I had him crushed.

River: (8 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="green">marchron raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB reraises</font>, <font color="green">marchron . . .</font>

WTF? Checkraises the flop, flat-calls the turn, goes nuts on the river. K/Q? If he got that lucky, I'll pay him off.

<font color="green">. . . marchron caps</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 15.75 BB (after rake)
Old 12-16-2005, 04:08 PM

Default Re: Anna Kournikova

Easier if we could see his total aggression factor, but without a good read I'm just calling the river 3bet.
Old 12-16-2005, 04:12 PM

Capping the river is the ultimate spew...I'd be [censored] pissed about having to call the 3bet
Old 12-16-2005, 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Easier if we could see his total aggression factor, but without a good read I'm just calling the river 3bet.

[/ QUOTE ]
His total AF? Let me find it (I'm still a little green with PT) . . . 0.82.

Don't know what exactly that means, but it's definitely lacking in bigness.

Is there any way that can be put on the GameTime feature?

[ QUOTE ]
Capping the river is the ultimate spew...I'd be [censored] pissed about having to call the 3bet

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, but I've seen plain ol' trips so many times from fish in that situation that I didn't fear it too much.

K/Q scared me a little because he flat-called my turn raise (translation: "oh poop, he might have a better king than me") but blew it up on the river ("wheee, full house!")
Old 12-16-2005, 04:32 PM

Did the poor fool have QQ?
Old 12-16-2005, 04:42 PM

How high would his AF need to be before people start capping this? I don't think I ever cap this river.
Old 12-16-2005, 04:55 PM

Grunch

Dude...WTF? If he had KQ and sucked out on you then....
Look, You should be leaning on that raise button until your finger hurts. Raise the flop, His c/r is telling you he probably has the case King. If he played a pair of 2's then so be it, you'll pay him off. Make him pay to draw to his 3 outs if he's got the other K. Based on how the hand went down the donk bet on the river by as LPP makes me think he hit his 14:1 shot....I would have to think before hitting the raise button. I might do it once, but when he 3-bets I'm definately calling.
Old 12-16-2005, 04:56 PM

I don't know how to use Gametime, I'm using PA HUD. If you can figure out how to add it, do so...it helps mucho w/ postflop reads. Read a few of the posts here on how to interpret it, though; an aggression factor of 1.5 w/ a VPIP of 15 isn't really overaggressive at all, the same w/ a VPIP of 60 is. There have been some very recent posts on interpreting this stat, look in the FAQ, the digest or do a search.

I don't have a set cutoff, I asked out of curiousity, it would actually be more like, say a 50 VPIP player w/ aggression up in the high ones or higher, AND I have seen him go nuts once or twice with decidedly less than the nuts, say bottom two pair, top pair weak kicker, that sort of thing. We are basically talking maniac here. I'm still feeling out how to use these stats, so I may be offbase somewhere here, I hope someone lets me know if that is so.

But even without a traditional read, .82 is too low of an aggression factor to cap the river I think.
Old 12-16-2005, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
His total AF? Let me find it (I'm still a little green with PT) . . . 0.82.

Don't know what exactly that means, but it's definitely lacking in bigness.

Is there any way that can be put on the GameTime feature?

[/ QUOTE ]

.82 is passive enough to indicate that he doesn't just raise with garbage. If he was &gt;1.5 then I would be more inclined to think he is a maniac and could be betting/raising crap.

I was never able to put this on the gametime window but it is easy to do With PokerAce HUD - I think this is a must!

******* On another note, Is everyone OK with the smooth call on the flop? Since at this point I know Hero most likely had the best hand and villian has showed his willingness to bet/raise, isn't a re-raise in order? Or is the pot small enough to slowplay and we know if he does have a weaker King he is still not going to fold?

Edit: I just saw your post sarsen
Old 12-17-2005, 02:54 AM

My reasoning for just calling the flop:

I obviously have him all but crushed at this point. He's drawing to three outs to win (potentially six more to chop) and won't fold. So how do I get the most bets in the pot?

If I 3-bet his checkraise, even if he caps, I've only got 2 more of his SB's in the pot. That's worth one big bet. So if there's any chance that whacking him with the clue bat on the flop will scare him back into his normal passive state and make him not put more than 1 BB in on a more expensive street, that will cost me money in the long run.