Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2005, 04:31 AM

Default SF (+13) at CHI

Ok, I know the Niners are pretty bad, but can the Bears be giving anyone 13 points?
Old 11-10-2005, 05:00 AM

Default Re: SF (+13) at CHI

when the defense alone is gonna cover... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-10-2005, 08:10 AM

I think bugstud has a point. Not so much that the Bears offense could probably only score two TDs in this game by themselves. I'm not sure that Cody Pickett can take care of the ball enough against the Bears. There will be a ton of short fields and chances for the defense to score.

Barlow and Gore are more slashing type runners and the Bears have done a fine job at shutting down those guys this year, it is only if you have a real north south power runner the Bears have problems against.

Plus, they can stack the box a bit and come after Pickett. With no Simion Rice the Bucs defense dominated the 49ers with Dorsey who is better than Pickett. They where able to hold them to field goals when Simms turned the ball over. It will be important for Kyle Orton to take care of the ball. Of course what game this year hasn't that been true. And there has really only been one game where he didn't.

I think the Bears have a good shot to cover with the match-up. They took the Saints too lightly last week and I can't see them making the same mistake two weeks in a row. I wouldn't bet on it, I just don't think that it is the sweet line everone thinks it is.
Old 11-10-2005, 08:43 AM

The 49ers offense is pathetic. They put up six points and, I think, 134 yards against the Giants, and the Giants' defense is not good. Against the Bears, I just want to know where I can get odds on a shutout.

That said, the Bears' offense is no great shakes either, and the 49ers' defense hasn't been that bad, so I wouldn't feel good about laying 13 on the Bears. I do like the Under (33) a lot, though.
Old 11-10-2005, 08:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
and the Giants' defense is not good.

[/ QUOTE ]
Come on they shut out the Redskins! The Giants defense has to be one of the best. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-11-2005, 04:18 AM

i agree that the Bears shouldn't be laying 13 against anyone. sure the Bears defense may score, but the 9ers defense could score just as easily.

anyway, i parlayed SF +13 with the under 33 as there is some correlation here... i think
Old 11-11-2005, 04:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i agree that the Bears shouldn't be laying 13 against anyone. sure the Bears defense may score, but the 9ers defense could score just as easily.

anyway, i parlayed SF +13 with the under 33 as there is some correlation here... i think

[/ QUOTE ]

pretty sure that if SF covers the play is over.
Old 11-11-2005, 08:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Chicago, 16-6. If I had to guess.
Old 11-11-2005, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what makes you believe this? does anyone else agree?
Old 11-11-2005, 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]pretty sure that if SF covers the play is over.

[/ QUOTE ] what makes you believe this? does anyone else agree?

[/ QUOTE ]

The idea is that the only way the 49ers can keep this game close is for their defense to get a bunch of turnovers. Their defense is smaller and is not very deep. Eventually the Bears will just run them down. Plus, the Bears defense is one of the best in the league at causing turnovers and the 49ers are turning the ball over the most. High turnover games are high scoring games.