Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2005, 08:16 AM

Default Re: LOST (spoilers)

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah we've been told they have 7-8 seasons worth of story to tell. Dont expect all the answers anytime soon. I mean, by seaoson 4-5 this show could be in some crazy weird off-the-hook place. Which is something Ive wondered about, they could very easily change this to a more sci-fi ish show easily, they have a lot of room to take it a good amount of places.

And if godforbid it does get canceled, hopefully they will attempt to answer many of the questions that are lying around.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you seen the ratings for Lost? And the awards it's won? I know you said God-Forbid...I think God herself would have to personally intervene for this show to get cancelled ANYTIME in the near future. They're gonna take their sweet-ass time because...hey, it's a wildly successful suspense show. ABC and the show's creators are making boatloads of cash on each episode...why not draw it out?

And (to the people complaining about slowness).....I think a lot of people did the "watch Season One on DVD all at once" thing (I did). But if you really think about it, last season didn't really move much faster than this season. Weeks went by where before we knew anything about John Locke, how they were going to feed themselves long-term, about Jin and Sun, about Kate's crimes (which we still don't exactly know), about Jack's demons...no idea what the monster is, it took weeks to start unearthing The Hatch from the time we first saw it to the time we actually figured out what it was. The whole show has been slow...that's the point. If they revealed too much, too fast, there simply wouldn't be enough interesting storyline to make it a weekly drama for 5-8 years.

I'm still a huge fan and dutifully arrange my Wednesday obligations around being home at 8pm for Lost.
Old 11-17-2005, 08:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah we've been told they have 7-8 seasons worth of story to tell.

[/ QUOTE ]

That sucks. I've got season 1 on the shelf ready to watch, and have only seen the first 3 episodes a while back.

Knowing it's a buggering unresolved series that'll take forever to figure out (probably unsatisfactorily) makes me want to just put it on Ebay right now.

I hate cliffhanger series' endings...

God bless 24, at least.
Old 11-17-2005, 09:59 AM

I would have liked to see how she climbed up that tree and carried that old guy down from that branch. She said she was coming up there to get him.
Old 11-17-2005, 11:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
WHY WOULD YOU INTERROGATE THE GUY YOU KNOW IS THE MOLE ALONE?

[/ QUOTE ]

because if she told the group that goodwin was actually the mole and they should confront him then they would know she made the critical mistake of wrongfully putting the canadian in the pit and she would lose leadership over the group.
Old 11-17-2005, 11:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah we've been told they have 7-8 seasons worth of story to tell. Dont expect all the answers anytime soon. I mean, by seaoson 4-5 this show could be in some crazy weird off-the-hook place. Which is something Ive wondered about, they could very easily change this to a more sci-fi ish show easily, they have a lot of room to take it a good amount of places.

And if godforbid it does get canceled, hopefully they will attempt to answer many of the questions that are lying around.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's my favorite show yet I have the lowest of expectations for how it will end. They are in a no-win situation. If they drag things out for 4-6 seasons, people will get frustrated and give up on it. If they reveal most everything sooner, then they've got nothing left. This has happened with other shows. Personally I think of a show from 7-8 years ago called The Profiler(?) with some hot blonde. They kept almost catching Jack of All Trades or whoever, but he'd always get away. Or they'd bait and switch where they actually caught him, then it turned out to be an imposter. I finally got sick of it and quit watching. I think it faded away and who knows if they ever caught the guy.

I fear Lost will end the same way. I don't think it can go for more than 3, maybe 4 seasons. If they milk it until ratings suck and it gets canned, we may never find everything out. I think the only way it will end well is if the writers come out and declare season 4 (or 3, or 5) will be the final season, and wrap everything up on their own terms instead of waiting until it's run it's course. Go out on top like Jordan over the Jazz, instead of coming back and finishing on the Wizards.
Old 11-17-2005, 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
WHY WOULD YOU INTERROGATE THE GUY YOU KNOW IS THE MOLE ALONE?

[/ QUOTE ]

because if she told the group that goodwin was actually the mole and they should confront him then they would know she made the critical mistake of wrongfully putting the canadian in the pit and she would lose leadership over the group.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think maybe she didn't make the realization for sure that he was one of The Others until they were up there alone. I think she started to piece it all together then.

Here was one big question I took from this week - how did Goodwin know to be dressed and ready to infiltrate the group of survivors? 10 minutes isn't enough time for him to have been with The Others, hear the crash, and then decide, "hey, put on some shoes and normal clothes and check things out". Is it possible that they were expecting the crash?

Lots of questions still of course. I think next week should be really good.
Old 11-17-2005, 12:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is it possible that they were expecting the crash?

Lots of questions still of course. I think next week should be really good.

[/ QUOTE ]
Of course. But we will not know this for certain until like Season 4 or something.
Old 11-17-2005, 12:20 PM

Location: Hurricanes, animal corpses and your potential new tattoo have a lot in common. Think about it.

[ QUOTE ]

Here was one big question I took from this week - how did Goodwin know to be dressed and ready to infiltrate the group of survivors? 10 minutes isn't enough time for him to have been with The Others, hear the crash, and then decide, "hey, put on some shoes and normal clothes and check things out". Is it possible that they were expecting the crash?

[/ QUOTE ]
I got the impression that more time had passed that it seemed. She mentioned that his clothes weren't wet, but I watched the beginning again, and it didn't seem that her's or Echo's were either. At least they weren't soaked, so there was some time to dry a bit.

I find it intriguing that the two Others we have seen have both been relatively well kempt.
Old 11-17-2005, 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I got the impression that more time had passed that it seemed. She mentioned that his clothes weren't wet, but I watched the beginning again, and it didn't seem that her's or Echo's were either. At least they weren't soaked, so there was some time to dry a bit.

I find it intriguing that the two Others we have seen have both been relatively well kempt.

[/ QUOTE ]
Tight black tank tops look pretty much the same whether they're dry or soaked.

Edit to say I just checked and it seems like you're right about Ecco though, his shirt looked dry when he dropped the kids with the stewardess chick.
Old 11-17-2005, 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
They both claimed to be from Canada. What do we make of that?