Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2005, 12:39 PM

Default Re: JJ, Reraised by a TAG

Am I the only one who caps this preflop? Is setting up a checkraise greater than the equity advantage we have now?

Not checkraising the flop is an interesting idea, we gain no advantage knocking out overcards unless villain has TT. I think I like it even though the pot is huge.

Call down the way you played.
Old 09-27-2005, 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
CO is TAG. He 3 bet me pf so i'm putting him on AK, AA, KK, QQ, JJ, TT. Decided to check raise flop to limit field and find out where i was at with the TAG. When he responded by reraising me i then eleminated chance he had AK and thought all i could beat was TT. Because of this i called, saw turn and then folded. Correct?

[/ QUOTE ]

If he's really a TAG, then trust the read--fold pre-flop. Am I crazy?
Old 09-27-2005, 01:21 PM

Wow. Getting 12.5 to 1 direct, 15.5 to 1 implied would you fold any pocket pair?
Old 09-27-2005, 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If he's really a TAG, then trust the read--fold pre-flop. Am I crazy?

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming the others call behind you, it looks like you're getting 15.5:1 to call the 3-bet. Even if you knew he had AA, it would still be correct to call to try and hit your set.
Old 09-27-2005, 01:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Turn: (11.25 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero folds.

[/ QUOTE ]

At this point you're behind 13 hands (AA,KK,QQ), ahead of 6 (TT), and tied with 1 (JJ). Assuming villain plays all of these hands the same way it looks like you have a 6/20 = 30% chance of having the best hand. At the turn, your effective odds if you call the turn and river are 13.25:2 or ~6.5:1 so it looks like you should just call down.
Old 09-27-2005, 01:48 PM

*grunch*

The possiblity that your TAG could also be taking a stab at the big pot with 3 of the AK suiteds ([img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]) (I would [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]) makes you about a 1.5 to 1 dog here and you are getting 5.5 to 1 reverse implied odds so check/calling to the rivers seems to be the right play here??