Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2003, 03:46 AM

Default Chicago Poker Play of the Day

Hello All,

I promised a buddy I would post a Chicago Poker Play of the Day hand. Since this is an actual hand that was played in a mid-limit game, I am posting it on this forum.

20-40 game with a half-kill. We are in a kill pot with the kill being 4 to the right of the big blind who has posted a live $30.

Loose aggressive (LAUTG) player limps utg. (somewhat out of character for him not to raise but am guessing he simply wanted to be a part of a large pot). All fold to loose aggressive (LAK) player who has posted $30 for the kill. LAK checks his option (must not like his hand a whole lot as he has had 6 kills so far and raised five of them). Three players behind him call the $30. I fold 29 off on the button, both blinds call.

The flop comes 2 [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] 7 [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img]

Blinds check, LAUTG bets $30. LAK calls, three players behind all call, small blind folds, big blind calls.

Turn is the K [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] so the board now reads:

2 [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] 7 [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img]

BB checks, LAUTG bets $60, LAK calls the $60, three remaining players fold and BB folds.

River brings the 4 [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] so the board now reads

2 [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] 7 [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img]

LAUTG bets $60 and now the LAK raises to $120. LAUTG calls.

LAK shows the 3 [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] for a straight and the LAUTG folds.

LAUTG mutters and sighs and the LAK starts to explain how he could not fold the straight draw!! Thankfully the dealer saves the table the torture and interrupts him and tells him it is another kill pot and to please post his $30.

WOW - WAS THIS A SPECIAL PLAY OR WHAT!?!?! How many twoplustwo'ers out there are this talented? Not many I would guess. [img]/forums/images/icons/smirk.gif[/img] The game was like this all night except more aggressive.

If this is not enough incentive to play poker, I am not sure what is! [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I do not really believe this warrants any meaningful analysis [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] but I thought it was worth a read.

Just some thoughts...

Michael D.
Old 02-20-2003, 02:55 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters
Default Re: Chicago Poker Play of the Day

i see this kind of stuff every time i play 20/40, online or off. if i didn't, i'd try to find other games.