Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-2005, 01:24 PM

Default Re: Did I Screw Up the Line?

[ QUOTE ]
I still want an acceptable alternate WA/WB line, as I think cc/cc/b is somewhat overused.

Anyone?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with Rob, the default line is "overused" because it's the best against an unknown. I guess you could bet/call, check/call, bet...
Old 04-08-2005, 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i would raise the flop here, see what he does. with a call, you can bet the turn, if a reraise, check and call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm I folding if 3-betted on the flop or raised on the turn? What if Villain has KK here? What will happen if I c/r the flop and lead the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm assuming you can't safely fold to a 3-bet or a turn raise? i.e. if you plan to fold to a 3-bet, you'll loose a lot less when you're behind, but alot of times youll fold the winning hand. And if you plan to call down after 3-bet, you'll loose the maximum if you're behind and wish that you had only called the flop/turn.
Old 04-08-2005, 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone not fold to a river raise at these levels?

[/ QUOTE ]

Without a read on UTG+2, I'm putting him on Ax. Your kicker is probably >50% prob to out kick his.

Nope, I'm calling it down even then.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Villian 3-bet PF. Do you rountinely 3-bet PF with that hand?

2. Think about the kind of hand villian needs to raise on the river. Put yourself in his shoes, and say he has AQ. Your opponent checks, you bet, and he calls. On the turn, same thing. Suddenly your opponent springs to life by betting out on the river. Can you really confidently raise with just TP here? How do you know you're not up against AK? Or a rivered two pair? (The later case is unlikely on this hand, but in general it will be a threat). It is going to be very hard for villian to find a raise even when he has the best hand. Ergo, when he does raise, you can pretty confidently ditch your hand, particularly at these levels where villians aren't capable of getting overly tricky on the river.

The whole point behind betting the river is that you're not really losing anything if you're beaten. If you're behind, villian was going to bet and you were going to call anyway. What you really don't want is checking only to have villian check behind with something you beat.

Betting out on the river gains more when you're ahead and loses the same when you're behind UNLESS you plan to call a river raise.