Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2004, 06:10 PM

Default New Portable Texas Hold\'em Poker Table Tables Top

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ADME:B:SS:US:1

"New Portable Texas Hold'em Poker Table Tables Top"

I'm very interested in getting one of th4ese, but not at $60 shipping. Anyone know of another place, on the web, to get a nice folding table top like this for a good price, but less shipping?

Ten
Old 10-11-2004, 06:19 PM

Default Re: New Portable Texas Hold\'em Poker Table Tables Top

I ran across a few sites offering the table tops after doing a google search for poker chips. Looks like a good idea, but I would want to be able to actually see the product in person. I recently played in a local tournament that used the table top things and the quality was not good at all. I wouldn't have paid $20 for the thing including shipping. And the other problem was that it did not fit the tables they placed them on.

So its something I would be interested in, but quality and having an existing table that the top would adequately cover would be my concerns.
Old 10-12-2004, 11:48 AM

Anyone have one of these? I'd like a review. It'd seem that the felt would make an unsitely crease after awhile.
Old 10-15-2004, 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone have one of these? I'd like a review. It'd seem that the felt would make an unsitely crease after awhile.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do and except for the quality of the felt(makes fur balls), it does the job. The one I have has built in chip trays instead of the cup holders.
Old 10-15-2004, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I'm very interested in getting one of these, but not at $60 shipping. Anyone know of another place, on the web, to get a nice folding table top like this for a good price, but less shipping?

Ten

[/ QUOTE ]

I bought two myself. I'll post a small review too.

Ten
Old 10-16-2004, 02:28 AM

looks pretty nice
Old 10-20-2004, 09:27 PM

dont know how they do it. you just cant make a quality table for that price. not in the US, my brother and i toyed with making custom tables and materials alone for a basic table were more than this. BTW I build bizaare and off the wall stuff for a living and was getting materials as cheap as they come, no doubt... any body want to buy a furniture quality cherry table with ostrich skin rails...... just kidding... well maybe not......let us know how it works out.
Old 10-20-2004, 10:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I'm very interested in getting one of these, but not at $60 shipping. Anyone know of another place, on the web, to get a nice folding table top like this for a good price, but less shipping?

Ten

[/ QUOTE ]

I bought two myself. I'll post a small review too.

Ten

[/ QUOTE ]

I got them today. They seem ok. They are like a standard 8 seat oval, same size, but a table top instead opf a full table. I placed one on a regular folding table, with non-slip rubbery stuff beneath the table top. It doesn't want to move at all. Padded felt, thinly padded rail, cup holders in rail. It trifolds. Kinda heavy. The "hinges" are just extra vinly backing, and I'll see how they hold up. The hinges don't look super sturdy.

Overall the table tops are nicer than I could make myself, that's for sure. And I can tuck them in the closet and still use the tables for other things since the poker top is not attached.

Ten
Old 10-20-2004, 10:44 PM

Ten... where did you get yours? The shipping seems very very high from the ebay seller! If you got them somewhere else, please share where and how much [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] they look perfect for us appartment dwelling poker lovers.

Thanks!
Mars
Old 10-21-2004, 01:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ten... where did you get yours? The shipping seems very very high from the ebay seller! If you got them somewhere else, please share where and how much [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] they look perfect for us appartment dwelling poker lovers.

Thanks!
Mars

[/ QUOTE ]

I got mine from this ebay seller. Yes, shipping was High, but the tables were $50 each instead of $185 and free shipping. I think my total was $110 each to the door.

Ten