Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2005, 02:30 AM

Default Battlefield installation error

I'm trying to install the BattleField (Prima skin) client and when running "InstallHelper.exe" I am getting the error "Install Helper has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

Anyone else have trouble installing the Battlefield client? Any suggestions? I've restarted a bunch of times, and Battlefield support has suggesting disabling antivirus and firewall software, restarting, etc., which I've done to no avail.
Old 10-26-2005, 08:20 AM

Default Re: Battlefield installation error

I've heard of this problem a couple of times. Does using a different browser help at all?
Old 10-26-2005, 11:27 AM

This problem will be fixed once and for all after the branding goes live at BFP. But for now this is a fix:

Use I.E.
or use internet explorer with activeX enabled
Old 10-26-2005, 01:40 PM

Using IE and enabling (or at least turning on prompting for) all ActiveX controls made this work. Thanks.
Old 10-26-2005, 05:55 PM

Umm, interesting.

I am looking for a new room (to spread my risk, so to speak). I have accounts at Eurobet and Empire currently. I wanted to sign thru the affiliate I am using, for obvious reasons. I tried BetHoldem but didn't like their bonus cancellation if you withdraw any amount within 30 days of earnning the bonus (well that's what I read in the T&C, which I always tend to do - don't trust them guys much). So I tried Battlefield and downloaded their software. As soon as I started the install I got a warning about ActiveX going to be installed. That was enough for me to not install. I feel that it is a vulnerability I cannot live with, in the same way that I would not use IE for security reasons too. Back to square one. As soon as I can details from te affilate I use, I'll try Absolute. Any other ideas?

Maybe I am a real wuss when it comes to security, but there are many things I won't do on my computer. OTOH, with this security policy I have never had a problem [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] .

My $0.02's worth.
Old 10-26-2005, 09:38 PM

I play on Battlefield and have no problem using IE or ActiveX. Hell, I work for a Networking/Security Group and we use IE and ActiveX all the time. I am sure there is a 1:million chance of getting violated through ActiveX, but Battlefield Poker isn't the place that is going to happen.
Old 10-26-2005, 11:01 PM

I had the exact same problem, contacted support and they blamed my computer hardware. Anyways, to make a long story short, I created my account on a different computer, then I had my roomate zip up his Battlefield directory and send it to me over MSN on the computer I use, problem fixed.