Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2005, 11:22 PM

Default Roasted stuffed chicken breast

This is what I am trying out today.

Parmesan, cheddar, and swiss. Horseradish, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Mix that all up and stuff chicken breast.

Lightly oil outside and put some more seasonings on it.

Stick in 350 oven for 30-45 minutes.

While waiting it to be done, I am listening to Metallica through my window. They are opening for the Rolling Stones. Sound is not quite as good tonight.
Old 11-15-2005, 11:34 PM

Default Re: Roasted stuffed chicken breast

what a life [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 11-15-2005, 11:34 PM

You eat g00t.
Old 11-15-2005, 11:37 PM

Nice work.

Did you consider also adding some slices of prosciutto, pancetta or other suitable pork product?

I reckon it'd prolly go good with some other herbs in the mix as well. Tarragon perhaps?
Old 11-15-2005, 11:39 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

sounds pretty boring to me. i guess i would enjoy it more if i made it though, just because i would have made it.
Old 11-15-2005, 11:40 PM

Sounds good. The chicken that is. Metallica, meh.

Not to hijack the thread, but I recently tried out the rack of pork they sell at costco. I doused it overnight in olive oil, soy sayce, wostershire, salt, pepper, sage, and rosemary. Oh and a bunch of fresh minced garlic. Then roasted it up the next day with the goo from the marinade and more rosemary and sage. I think some more salt and pepper. Goot. Have another in the refrigerator. Picked up a lower end pinot today that may go with it. Get you one of the rack 'o porks at costco I say.
Old 11-15-2005, 11:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nice work.

Did you consider also adding some slices of prosciutto, pancetta or other suitable pork product?

I reckon it'd prolly go good with some other herbs in the mix as well. Tarragon perhaps?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, all of that sounds great. I was in a bit of a hurry, so I neglected to add some more herbs, just an oversight. I definitely think some oregano or tarragon would have been good. Pork product would have been added if I had any, but I was just improvising with what I had.

It is almost done. I put a half-slice of swiss and a few slices of tomato on top for the last few minutes in the oven.

I think I will have an Anchor Steam.

Then I am going over to a friend's place for a scotch tasting, where 8 of us bring a different bottle to taste.
Old 11-15-2005, 11:45 PM

When i bake chicken breasts I like proscuitto on top as well as some sweet fruits like pineapple or mandarin orange slices. Chicken breasts are one of those things you can't really screw up. You can bake it with a can of mushroom soup dumped on top and it will be pretty good still.
Old 11-15-2005, 11:51 PM

Take a mallet and pound the breasts fairly flat. Place them in a Balsamic marinade.

Then make your stuffing on the stove top. I agree with the previous poster that a pig product is very good. I normally go with red onion, garlic, jalepenos, sausage and whatever cheese I have on hand. (I really like blue cheese)

When the stuffing cools pull your breasts out of the marinade and place the stuffing in a vertical line down the length of the flattened breast and roll up sealing with toothpicks.

Then you just stick it in the oven although I much prefer to BBQ them. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-15-2005, 11:56 PM

It turned out pretty tasty, but I think a lot of these other ideas would definitely take this dish to the next level.