Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2005, 11:11 AM

Default Foxwoods Sunday

Few notes about Foxwoods Sunday and a note about a pretty bad dealer:
1.) Saw a few pros Ted Forrest, John D'Agostino, Evelyn Ng, Men the Master
2.) Played with absolute fish in the 1,2 nl game then moved to the 2,5 and witnessed more of the same. Paid for half of my Bahamas trip with the wife in Decemeber because of these generous donators.
3.) Here's the dealer problem we experienced: We had an absolute drunk degenerate at our table who raised literally every hand to $25. So basically everyone limped in, waited for his raise, and then acted accordingly with their hand. You expected the $25 raise but the problem was if you reraised, this guy was all in. So along with cards you also needed some balls. This drunk guy outdrew two people badly, one was KK to 22 so his stack was up to around $450 (he bought in for 400 at this point). Anyway a hand comes up where he is the big blind. I limp for $2 utg ($175 stack), some short stack calls $2, the dealer calls $2 ($800 stack), and the drunk man puts up the $25 raise ($450 about). I call with kq diamonds and figured im ahead ( I thought about making it $100 to go but I took a flop). The other two guys call and I immediately regret not raising. Anyway the flop comes 8,3,A diamonds. Drunk man bets $50, I call, short stack moves in for $78. The dealer button says he wants to raise. The actual dealer said that he couldn't. After much discussion about how since the all-in bet was more than half the first bet, the dealer button should have been allowed to raise. The idiot Foxwoods dealer didn't understand English, let alone the rule, and he quickly developed a nasty attitude. He said "No raise, just call." The dealer button just was annoyed and said fine. The turn was a black 4 and the drunk man goes all-in. I call. The button calls as well. Huge pot for a 1,2 game. Anyway the river brings a diamond and the button screams "[censored]". He has two black pocket kings. The drunk flips 56 offsuit with one diamond. So he takes down the side pot which was quite large as well. The button is yelling about how he shouldve been allowed to raise when the short stack moved all-in. And the drunk wouldnt have called until he got the straight draw. Anyways after alot of screaming and yelling, I said "ship it" and took down a massive pot. Also took $150 off the drunk about two hands later.
So if any of you actually read this entire thing, have any of you had bad experiences with Foxwoods dealers in the past. In the end, the button shouldve called the floor to allow his raise but I think he didnt because he knew the drunk had nothing (as was the case for the whole night).
Old 11-14-2005, 01:51 PM

Default Re: Foxwoods Sunday

Mike,

I had an experience at an act I a month or two ago. I don't remember all the locaitons, but the bet was up to me and I had about $900 chips left (pretty early on) and I had pulled my chips to the right of my cards. Clearly not in front of them, in order to see what the bet about $300 would leave me to play with if I should call. My chips are almost diredctly in the center of my cards, just to the right. So, there is no question I'm trying to make a decision. Now, it was only about a min or so. Not like I was stretching time. The other players didn't seem to mind me taking my time. But the dealer says "that's a call". I'm like "what, I was just counting it out." He says my chips were in front of my cards and that was a call. Even though they weren't and I didn't say anything. Even the other players were surprised. I questioned him and he got kind of mad. Now it was a $60 act I. I wasn't going to freak, and I probably should have called the floor, but he was kind of an ass.
Old 11-14-2005, 03:01 PM

I'm fairly certain that the 1 and a half times thing is a rule in limit erroneously carried over to no-limit.
Old 11-14-2005, 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So if any of you actually read this entire thing, have any of you had bad experiences with Foxwoods dealers in the past.

[/ QUOTE ]

As one might expect from a huge meat market with no competition in sight for customers or for labor, Foxwoods' dealers run the gamut. Most are slower than most AC dealers. Some are quite good and could do much better in AC or Vegas, but happen to live in CT and have no other choice to deal poker. Some are entertaining (intentionally). Some barely know the rules. It's entirely a tossup.

Since the good ones don't get tipped any better than the bad ones, I try hard to give them verbal recognition as I'm tossing them my half-dollar. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-14-2005, 08:13 PM

I'm going to Foxwoods for the first time this weekend. Are the dealers any better at higher limits?
Old 11-14-2005, 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Few notes about Foxwoods Sunday and a note about a pretty bad dealer:
1.) Saw a few pros Ted Forrest, John D'Agostino, Evelyn Ng, Men the Master

[/ QUOTE ]

I was playin 1-2 no limit when Olga Varkoni sat down in the 10 seat with her husband behind her. She tried to buy in for 500 but the table let her know it was a 100 max.....her and her husband left.......strange 2 mins at the table