Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-2005, 04:57 PM

Default Best time to play?

Would be interesting to now when you guys think it's the best time to play small stakes hold'em. As a European I have never tried playing late nights and early mornings (that is between 8 pm to 2 am EST) so I can't have opinion about those hours. Do you think it's a big difference between different hours? I think European evenings are better than midday or afternoon. And does it depend on where you play, are some sites better than others during certain times?

Small stakes means 2/4 to 5/10. And best games (at least to me) is the loose ones.
Old 12-27-2005, 05:04 PM

Default Re: Best time to play?

I don't put in as many hours as some of the posters here, but from what I've seen, the early morning hours (2AM to 5AM EST) on the weekends tend to spawn some great games. That's on Party--I don't play nearly enough on other sites to judge them.

I don't think it's necessarily a huge difference in hours, but games during the day Monday-Thursday tend to be a lot tighter overall. I attribute this to a higher percentage of multi-tabling pro/semi-pro players during these hours, along with fewer big donators (the guys who typically lose hundreds or thousands of dollars a week need to put in the hours at their day jobs in order to earn their poker money). Fridays seem a little better.