Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2005, 09:53 PM

Default Re: RAYMER OUT?!

[ QUOTE ]
So what's with the strange assumption that he tilted?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it's strange to think someone may be tilting after going from one of the favorites to make the final table to less than 10bbs in less than a half hour.
Old 07-14-2005, 09:53 PM

Default Re: Lee doubles thru Sheikhan

It's been said many times, but what a tool this Sheikhan guy sounds like. EDIT: Head fakes? For [censored]'s sake.
Old 07-14-2005, 09:54 PM

Default Shiekhan doubles thru Matusow

KK v AJ
Old 07-14-2005, 09:56 PM

Default Re: H-DOG vs Tate

It seems EVERYONE at the table took their time when both were out for 10 minutes.
Old 07-14-2005, 09:56 PM

Default Re: Shiekhan doubles thru Matusow

Beginning of the meltdown?
Old 07-14-2005, 09:58 PM

well, if ive learned one thing from reading every one of these posts, detroitplayer may have the least idea of how you play a poker tournament of anyone here, bravo...

rj
Old 07-14-2005, 09:59 PM

Default Re: RAYMER OUT?!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
detroitplayer would have waited for Kings.. He's not worth a response.. He's a complete mental midget.

[/ QUOTE ]

There he is.

Listen, Skippy. If Greg had pushed pre flop with that hand and lost, it would have been a different story. You do know that he pushed post flop, right?

I thought we were supposed to be playing right now. Lets go, and not clog up the board with your inability to read, k?

[/ QUOTE ]

Explain the bold part.

[/ QUOTE ]

Greg was so low in chips he'd push with almost any two cards and his opponents don't need much of a hand at all to call with. Greg should have known this and picked a better spot since the flop didn't give him a "believable" or scary board to bluff at.

[/ QUOTE ]

one more time. So he's down to 250k on the flop...how can you check/fold with enough money for 2 orbits there?

you can't. stop acting like you know how to play MTTs, please.

[/ QUOTE ]

If it's between check-folding, and knowing you're going to get called by almost any two cards good enough to open-raise with, then I check-fold there. It's better than going home for the time being. But I guess I wouldn't be able to think that clearly if I was tilting like Greg was either. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd imagine we wouldn't be having the conversation if his opponent held QJ. The fact is hes going to get all-in and if he does it preflop the guy calls with aything.

Sure he would have preferred a better flop, but he didn't get one. He puts in the same chips he could have put in preflop and as it turns out the guy had a pocket-pair and called so the result is exactly the same as pushing preflop. However if the guy had instead had something like QJ and folds on the flop where he would have called preflop, Raymer turns a 55/45 type situation into more like a 65/35 since he is forcing his opponent to hit the flop or call knowing hes a likely a dog. Plus if the other guy ever actually folds something like 55 or ATo, Greg benefits immensely.
Old 07-14-2005, 10:01 PM

2005-07-14 18:51:00
Title: Sheikhan Doubles Up
Log: Mike Matusow raises to $130,000. Shawn Sheikhan reraises all-in. Action folds back to Matusow, who calls. Sheikhan shows K-K to Matusow's A-J. The flop comes 8-6-5. Matusow is behind. The turn is the 6c. Matusow needs to hit an Ace. The river is the 8d, and Sheikhan doubles up to $1,700,000.

Looks like Mike called a big all-in raise with AJ. Granted he's got a big stack so maybe it's ok. But I sense a meltdown is coming.
Old 07-14-2005, 10:02 PM

Default Re: Ly busts Vu

[ QUOTE ]
du ma! tommy vu is out. i wanted to see this guy win it all.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just wanted to see all his girls in bikinis cheering him on at the final table.
Old 07-14-2005, 10:03 PM

Default Bergsdorf Busts Bryant King

AA v AK