Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2005, 07:48 PM

Default Re: Take the time to do this please

First off- I hear what everyone says about driving the fish away. But over time I have stopped worrying about this for a couple reasons:

-There are so many frigging fish online, they are lined up to fill the seat if one in a hundred of the berated players gets pissed off. It's not like we're in the "big game" and it's 8 of us awesome pros and 1 or 2 billionaire whales who could get offended and never come back and drop Bentleys or whatever.

-Most people don't really care what is being said. The "fish" getting berated is half the time a regular (who isn't going anywhere), or has their chat off, or they just don't care about getting insulted.

-Some people get turned on by the insults. I see this a lot. I see guys all the time who will totally get into huge arguments and insult battles, either as the aggressor or as the defender, and these guys are actually gigantic fish. The jabbing seems to be part of the experience of online poker. As a parallel, competitive basketball is filled with trash talk, insults, guys ragging on each other, even guys on the same team! Just like with poker, there are friendly basketball games and then there are very aggressive, trash talking games. I really don't think people are going to argue that the trash talking that happens from time to time is a major factor in turning people off from basketball. The sport is frigging huge on a global scale.

Just my thoughts. Like Microbob I find that multitabling mostly precludes me from getting overly interested or involved in the proceedings at any one table.
Old 11-17-2005, 09:10 PM

remember to CC it to your mom
Old 11-17-2005, 09:20 PM

Why do this so he stops typing and starts payin attention to playing poker. This is overdoing it plenty of fish..no need to worry...anyway its comical i love peopling typing so much and thinking about there next dumb insult that they cant even think poker..
Old 11-17-2005, 09:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
-There are so many frigging fish online, they are lined up to fill the seat if one in a hundred of the berated players gets pissed off.

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe at $1/$2, but at $10/$20 this is simply not the case.

I'll let others elaborate.
Old 11-17-2005, 10:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dear XXXX,

Thank you for contacting us.

We thank you ............

[/ QUOTE ]

I find it ironic that Party called you a XXXX in their reply to you.
Old 11-17-2005, 10:05 PM

Okay apparently I should have been more clear in my original post.

The issue here is not the profanity, it is the verbal abuse of the other player. I honestly don't care one way or another about the profanity, but when someone is just beating up on a bad player verbally I take offense.
Old 11-18-2005, 11:26 AM

Can you just clarify the tone of your post? I swear it might imply that I am a 1/2 player while you're a high and mighty 10/20 player with some sort of deeper understanding into this issue.

Well maybe I can elaborate then. I've played 10/20 or higher for over a year. Currently I 8-table 10/20 when not playing 20/40 and 30/60. There are more fish than I can shake a frigging stick at. I have roughly zero fear attached to the prospect of any fish getting scared away, especially at a level like 10/20, which is big boy money for big boy egos. I have bigger things to worry about- like making wads and wads of cash.
Old 11-18-2005, 12:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
WTF are they talking about play money for?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's in their standard response email to complaints about profanity.

The email may have been answered by a bot. Or an Indian (as in from India) who knows nothing about poker.
Old 11-18-2005, 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can you just clarify the tone of your post? I swear it might imply that I am a 1/2 player while you're a high and mighty 10/20 player with some sort of deeper understanding into this issue.

Well maybe I can elaborate then. I've played 10/20 or higher for over a year. Currently I 8-table 10/20 when not playing 20/40 and 30/60. There are more fish than I can shake a frigging stick at. I have roughly zero fear attached to the prospect of any fish getting scared away, especially at a level like 10/20, which is big boy money for big boy egos. I have bigger things to worry about- like making wads and wads of cash.

[/ QUOTE ]

This simply isn't true. There are fish at those limits, but not a neverending, limitless supply. You have to practice good table selection, and sometimes, when 1 or 2 particular fish leave a table, yo uneed to leave that table too because it dries up. Your post indicating that the games are always just full of fish, and you can open any 8 tables and they are fine to play on.....
Old 11-18-2005, 12:46 PM

Lol. Well done sir.

[ QUOTE ]
I find it ironic that Party called you a XXXX in their reply to you.

[/ QUOTE ]