Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: If I am staying on Stars, what should I do?
Build up enough of a BR at the $6.50s to handle variance at $25+$2 13 40.63%
Keep trying the $16s 10 31.25%
Take a shot at $25+$2, move back down if I drop 5-6 buyins 9 28.13%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-18-2005, 08:18 PM

Default Re: whiskeytown,

I'll agree that the poker action is great, but L.A. is freaking fabulously ugly.
Old 11-18-2005, 08:22 PM

My folks had some land up there when I was a kid. It definitely is absolutely breathtakingly beautiful. We drove around in a camper one long summer there and sometimes were heading to see some supposedly noted nature spot ot other on the way to visit the land, but found that just turning down odd roads led to one piece after another of spectacular scenery. I'm not even religious, but if anything could be called God's country, I could see why Montana would deserve the name. We were constantly amazed at how pristine and gorgeous everything was.

Some of the people were scary racist though. Very unfortunate combination. I'm not sure what God was trying to say with that one.
Old 11-18-2005, 08:30 PM

The Twin Cities does have SOME traffic issues, but for a city this size they aren't terrible. At least there is enough parking and traffic never really stops moving (with the obvious exception of accidents/construction etc.) I work in downtown Minneapolis and traffic is not a problem for me 4/5 days of the week at least.

We have every major sport and a huge University in the Twin Cities. Also almost all major concert type tours make stops here. Minnesota has an excellent educational system. It is one of the healthiest states and has one of the best economies (top 3 for both I think) in the country. It also has low crime. Plus, from what I've seen of the rest of the country the "Minnesota nice" stereotype actually holds true.

We also have the boundry waters, north shore, decent skiing and obviously good hunting, fishing, snow mobiling etc... Not to mention decent live poker. Also, the Twin Cities metropolitan area, while spread out, has a population of almost 3 million people, its not a small town or anything.
Old 11-18-2005, 08:33 PM

I think Montana attracts a lot of very... introverted people. I haven't had the greatest experiences with people there... I honestly think a lot of them (assholes, not racists) are just trying to keep more people from moving there.
Old 11-18-2005, 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Twin Cities does have SOME traffic issues, but for a city this size they aren't terrible. At least there is enough parking and traffic never really stops moving (with the obvious exception of accidents/construction etc.) I work in downtown Minneapolis and traffic is not a problem for me 4/5 days of the week at least.

We have every major sport and a huge University in the Twin Cities. Also almost all major concert type tours make stops here. Minnesota has an excellent educational system. It is one of the healthiest states and has one of the best economies (top 3 for both I think) in the country. It also has low crime. Plus, from what I've seen of the rest of the country the "Minnesota nice" stereotype actually holds true.

We also have the boundry waters, north shore, decent skiing and obviously good hunting, fishing, snow mobiling etc... Not to mention decent live poker. Also, the Twin Cities metropolitan area, while spread out, has a population of almost 3 million people, its not a small town or anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored], i almost want to move there now
Old 11-18-2005, 08:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You guys are all morons, [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Minnesota.

The cold sucks but it's not as if you guys on the east coast don't get snow and cold weather and [censored] too. The past few years the east coast has definitely had worse winters than MN.

[/ QUOTE ]

i haven't said a word about the cold. i don't mind cold weather.

minnesota sucks! no better than north dakota, south dakota, montana, iowa, nebraska, oklahoma, etc. in my book

[/ QUOTE ]

MN is nothing like any of those states. Its much more like MI or WI. Montana is one of the coolest states in the country. Never been to OK, but Iowa, Nebraska and the Dakotas suck for the most part.

What is your criteria for saying MN sucks?

[/ QUOTE ]

damn, i should have included wisconsin and michigan in my original post.. good catch!

my criteria is simply as follows:

middle of nowhere

i guess that would be a criterion

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, East Coast elitism, now we get to the heart of the post.

*yawn*
Old 11-18-2005, 09:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You guys are all morons, [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Minnesota.

The cold sucks but it's not as if you guys on the east coast don't get snow and cold weather and [censored] too. The past few years the east coast has definitely had worse winters than MN.

[/ QUOTE ]

i haven't said a word about the cold. i don't mind cold weather.

minnesota sucks! no better than north dakota, south dakota, montana, iowa, nebraska, oklahoma, etc. in my book

[/ QUOTE ]

MN is nothing like any of those states. Its much more like MI or WI. Montana is one of the coolest states in the country. Never been to OK, but Iowa, Nebraska and the Dakotas suck for the most part.

What is your criteria for saying MN sucks?

[/ QUOTE ]

damn, i should have included wisconsin and michigan in my original post.. good catch!

my criteria is simply as follows:

middle of nowhere

i guess that would be a criterion

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, East Coast elitism, now we get to the heart of the post.

*yawn*

[/ QUOTE ]

where do you live again? alabama or something?

"LOL"
Old 11-18-2005, 09:56 PM

Default Minnesota

A year ago, the wife and sold our house, closed successful practices and moved to MN without jobs, because this is where we wanted to raise our kids.

I've lived in DC, Southern VA, and Florida. MN is by far the best place I've ever lived (although it does get a bit nippy).
Old 11-18-2005, 10:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
It's obviously much better due simply to the fact that it has franchises in each of the major professional sports.

[/ QUOTE ]

It wont for long, the Vikes are going to be shipped off the LA.
~Justin
Old 11-18-2005, 10:28 PM

ah come on, guys....it ain't that bad, is it? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

One joke post about Bollywood before bed, one post that was as childish as a frat joke - (which I didn't know Astroglide even deleted - about 5% of my posts get lost when I forget to hit post after previewing) - and my hatred for all things Creed should be shared by all with a brain. I thought the Bollywood one was funny enough to crosspost on my blog -

I do that a lot - I see something and it inspires me into an obsessive research of that topic and I'll lob it onto OOT for input - In the case of vaporizers and Hong Kong cinema, that reaped positive rewards - it may not do so in the case of Bollywood, and it didn't in the case of Jazz. No biggie - find something else to do.

How this turned into a group intervention or concern for my well being is touching and all - but read my other posts - I'm writing some of the best stuff of my life the past month - meanwhile I have actually left OOT alone more and loitered more where I have wanted to pick up more knowledge, in the MTT forums. I'm also smacking down right wing bitches in the politics forum and writing pathetic defenses of Christianity in the science/math/philosophy forums. You guys just read the OOT stuff - the quirky thoughts that fall like water and you chuck them at the ceiling and see if they stick like cooked spaghetti. Except we're not making spaghetti - we're making pizza.

Life without booze has made me more prolific by far, but as was the case in grade school and high school, the trick is to see how far you can push up the envelope without upsetting the sensibilies of the mainstream. Byron and Shelley would mock such a mindset, but then, I didn't think OOT had any sensibilities to offend - apparently I crossed the line with Bollywood. (There's a line you don't read every day)

My train of thought has been screwy lately. Last night I was taking the usual train from A to B when the train veered off into a swamp where I knew there was no tracks. But as I waited for the inevitable crash and burn, I was surprised to see the train still heading full steam. It seemed imprudent to jump the train if it wasn't crashing. It still seems wrong. Perhaps the sound of a different drummer that I hear will be too much for OOT in time, but I see no reason to ignore it because someone doesn't like my avatar or my last post of the day.

I am picking up certain character traits which are family related - I suspect we share the same brain chemistry. That sort of [censored] makes me thing I should never have kids - let that particular strain of mental derangement die without an heir. The men of my family seem to live under the cloud that our deaths will be violent and public, and we're probably a bit touchier in public places, even online.

but no biggie - nothing to stick my name into a thread about.

Perhaps my biggest mistake was in not doing what everyone else did. The standard OOT is to create gimmick accounts for the really asinine stuff - perhaps I should have done that - [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] -

I'm not going to reply to any more posts in this thread. I have a minor disagreement with a couple of them and I will be ignoring those who posted the comments, but otherwise, I have no desire to participate in this one - the PM box has been thinned out a bit, so feel free to rag on me in there or via email.

I am gonna take some time off - not leaving for good - (don't ban me for saying that, goddamnit) - I'm just gonna take a few days off from OOT. Post in the blog anything I would feel like posting in OOT and sticking to tourneys and politics and all the wonders of Sklansky redefining faith.

I'll check in with OOT again after the weekend. I should be out of weed by Monday. - LOL - not that I smoked it yesterday at any time except before the Bollywood post - all that derangement is 100% natural and is available at your nearest Whole Foods.

RB