Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2005, 12:03 PM

Default Trip Aces Q kicker out of position

MP in this hand was verry LAG with a 43 VPIP and 22PFR and aggresive post flop. CO was very loose with a VPIP of 60 and 17 PFR but was much more passive postflop...but very aggresive on the river. My question is was this the right line on this hand against two loose opponents?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Button folds, SB folds, Hero calls, MP calls.

Flop: (9.40 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.70 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

River: (10.70 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Hero folds, MP calls.

Final Pot: 17.70 BB
Old 01-20-2005, 02:10 PM

Default Re: Trip Aces Q kicker out of position

If MP is verrry loose, I think I have him outkicked and 3-bet the flop, actually hoping he caps so CO takes a hike and doesn't hit his set outs on the turn.
Old 01-20-2005, 02:31 PM

Anyone checkraise the turn? Also, I feel CO has KK-JJ and is making a near futile call down, then gets a glimmer of hope on the river. I feel you have MP outkicked usually, but he may have flopped two pair and rivered a boat. Keep in mind I'm new to shorthanded and have only experienced the horrible play of 1/2'ers so far.
Old 01-20-2005, 03:59 PM

"MP in this hand was verry LAG with a 43 VPIP and 22PFR and aggresive post flop. CO was very loose with a VPIP of 60 and 17 PFR"

because of that, i cap preflop, 3 bet the flop, and probably cap the rest of the way down. you really think you aren't good against players this LAG preflop? maybe i'm missing something.
Old 01-20-2005, 04:08 PM

I probabaly 3 bet the flop, or the turn. certainly one of them.
and I call 2 cold on the river, or cap, but I don't fold.
Old 01-20-2005, 04:19 PM

cap the rest of the way down.

Very underused strategy imo
Old 01-20-2005, 05:36 PM

They may be lag but are they that dumb (confession im semi LAG) I would have called one raise but how would two people raise the two Ace board with only one Ace out there? Doesnt that just say Set to you???
Old 01-20-2005, 06:42 PM

Absolutley horrible fold. That's a euphamism. Either call or cap on the river. Folding is so bad i can't even begin to tell you. ITS PARTY 5-10!!!!!!!!!!!! Half the time neither opponent will even have an ace. PLus the pot's already huge so you don't have to win very often for it to be profitable. Folding here is worse than calling a raise with any 2 cards in the BB.
Old 01-20-2005, 06:50 PM

against sensible players, yeah, but these guys play around or above 50% of their hands...they don't think the same way
Old 01-21-2005, 01:01 AM

From the action up to the flop it looks like an ace and a pocket pair. The middle guy didn't cap pre so AK is unlikely. I would put middle guy on AT/AJ and other guy on a pocket pair, and go for a turn checkraise. It should work everytime and I think you're a huge favorite to be ahead here.