Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2005, 02:23 PM

Default Re: JT - OESD rivers a pair.

I don't really like the flop line. Given that everyone has already called one bet, either the UTG+2 three bets and could force those trapped in the middle to fold or they all call, and I don't think you are cleaning up any J or T outs. If you were on the button then I think this is a great free card play, but you don't have that option here.

Given their weak play on the turn I would probably bet the river for value and fold to a raise.
Old 12-05-2005, 05:40 PM

UTG+2 shows KQ and MHING, but I thank her dearly for the free card on the turn.
Old 12-05-2005, 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't really like the flop line. Given that everyone has already called one bet, either the UTG+2 three bets and could force those trapped in the middle to fold or they all call, and I don't think you are cleaning up any J or T outs. If you were on the button then I think this is a great free card play, but you don't have that option here.

Given their weak play on the turn I would probably bet the river for value and fold to a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is 1/2 there aren't many people 3-betting a c/r that don't raise preflop. Secondly there aren't many people that fold after calling onece with a big pot like this.

With this many players in after all calling, I really don't think their is a huge amount of value in betting this river. I would have thought we are up against at least one Q.
Old 12-05-2005, 06:50 PM

i like this alot. Im folding to a river raise.
Old 12-05-2005, 06:51 PM

I'd rather bet out for value than check-raise on the flop, since you're OOP, but it all worked out for you on the turn.