Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2005, 11:39 AM

Default Re: Eight Steps To Destroy America

[ QUOTE ]
Calling them irresponsible because they have real problems feeding their kids and are trying to make life better for themselves is asinine.

And the reason that they haven't been "tossed back" is that most intelligant people realize that illegal immigrants provide invaluable services which keep prices down in america- and also lead to higher profits for cooperations (which are taxed!).

[/ QUOTE ]

intelligant people or intelligent people?
cooperations or corporations?
... (you're spelling sucks) ...

and actually most intelligent people realize this cheap labor makes corporations richer and middle america poorer from healthcare & welfare. What happens when people can't afford medical care?... the government eats the cost and "american" tax dollars make up the difference. I haven't nor wish to perform the exhaustive economical calculations, but I estimate that it [cheap immigrant labor] actually hurts america more than it helps.

thanks for your input though...
Old 09-13-2005, 11:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Calling them irresponsible because they have real problems feeding their kids and are trying to make life better for themselves is asinine.

[/ QUOTE ]
Then don't have kids. Yeah, I went there. No different from the people on welfare that have 12 kids and no job and never get off their ass...they shouldn't have kids either. I could make a better life for myself by dealing drugs. So that's acceptable? Improving your life at the direct/indirect expense of others is both selfish and irresponsible.

[ QUOTE ]
And the reason that they haven't been "tossed back" is that most intelligent people realize that illegal immigrants provide invaluable services which keep prices down in america- and also lead to higher profits for corporations (which are taxed!).

[/ QUOTE ]
And keep jobs away from honest Americans. My company makes profit because of what I do. They are taxed, and so am I...heavily.
Old 09-13-2005, 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Since I'm not allowed to call him racist or xenophobic, I'll call him an ignorant prick instead.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I think I am, so I think the OP is racist, xenophobic and an ignorant prick.

[/ QUOTE ]

Either you didn't read the fact that it's a quote, or you are making a fundamental attribution error. The OP said nothing about his feelings about this quote...just that it made him think, and yet you have chosen to slam him by inferring that he espouses the values presented in the quote. Why don't you get past your emotional reaction to this rhetoric and address the ideas presented, instead?
Old 09-13-2005, 01:40 PM

Holy cow, what a load of crap.

Most nations fail because of economics or war.
Old 09-13-2005, 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you have chosen to slam him by inferring that he espouses the values presented in the quote

[/ QUOTE ]

He has enough posts in this thread to infer that.

I guess your post was directed to Ed Miller as well ?
Old 09-13-2005, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why don't you get past your emotional reaction to this rhetoric and address the ideas presented, instead?

[/ QUOTE ]

Addressing the ideas presented is barely worth anyone's time, but I'll spend ten minutes because the problems in the argument are apparently not obvious to everyone.

The "history" presented is beyond a joke.

1. He argues that all empires, nations, governments, etc. "plauged" by a multi-lingual populace eventaully fall. Yet ALL empires and governments rise and fall regardless of their ethnic or cultural homogeneity.

His argument is akin to saying "All people who smoke eventually die. Therefore smoking is bad." Sounds reasonable, right? But I could just as easily substitute "eat broccoli" for "smoke" and make a statement just as true. It's straight up logical fallacy intended to deceive.

Also: Switzerland

2. He apparently has no idea how the Roman Empire was run. They "Romanized" conquered peoples by embracing the local cultures, customs, languages, and religions, and drawing parallels between Roman ways and the indiginous ones. He should read about the history of Rome in Britan, for example.

3. What DOESN'T work is when a significant ethnic minority is treated like second-class citizens. When people are systematically denied their old language and culture and scapegoated for the indiscretions of the wealthy, [censored] goes down. Historical examples are ubiquitous.

Hence, ignorant prick.
Old 09-14-2005, 02:41 AM

Default Padishah Hüdāvendigār

[ QUOTE ]
He apparently has no idea how the Roman Empire was run. They "Romanized" conquered peoples by embracing the local cultures, customs, languages, and religions, and drawing parallels between Roman ways and the indiginous ones. He should read about the history of Rome in Britan, for example.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aso the history of the Ottoman Empire.

Although the Ottomans were no less barbaric than any other empire before 'em, it was central to their handling of an empire, to allow the natives of the conquered lands most of their customs, their language and their religion --- as long as they obeyed the dictats from the High Gate. That empire showed precisely the kind of tolerance that neo-cons today abhor. (And for some peoples that was exceptionally useful: "For centuries, the Ottoman Empire was the refuge of the Jews of Europe, who did not have the freedom of religion in Europe that the citizens of the Ottoman Empire did.")
Old 09-14-2005, 04:24 AM

"intelligant people or intelligent people?
cooperations or corporations?
... (you're spelling sucks) ... "

genius
Old 09-14-2005, 01:47 PM

Considering that we've survived this long as a nation of immigrants - I don't understand the basis of this argument.

There *is* a melting pot of cultures in this country. Because of media. There is more hegemony now than ever before. American culture is our biggest export. There are kids on the other side of the globe sporting Mickey Mouse ears and know who Michael Jordan is. I know of no second generation families that have kids that aren't Americanized. Sure.. they may have their Kwanza, or their Cinco de Mayo... but soon enough - they'll be celebrating St. Patty's day. Heck.. as a white boy, I celebrate Cinco de Mayo.

There are people just as American as we are in other countries because of media. Our culture is a great unifier throughout the world. Westernization is happening around the globe. It speaks different languages - but the end result is the same.

Today's illegal immigrants are tomorrow's doctors and mechanics.

This isn't a plan to destroy america.. it *is* distinctly american. People are getting weireded out because the immigrants of today aren't white... making it hard to recognize.
Old 09-14-2005, 01:47 PM

Basically, illegal immigrants just kick ass because they work harder than most native white and black Americans and they have a better moral compass.