Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2005, 02:26 AM

Default AA facing crazy aggression

Should I have bailed earlier??

I'm thinking with the aggression I faced preflop, that I should have only called the turn rather than raise it.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (21 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, SB calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (20.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 folds, CO calls, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, SB calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

River: (36.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero folds, CO calls, SB calls.

Final Pot: 39.50 BB
Old 06-19-2005, 03:02 AM

Default Re: AA facing crazy aggression

Folding for one bet on the river in a 36BB pot just can't be right. You only need to have the best hand 3% of the time for this call to be profitable. I think AA will hold more than 3% of the time here. Maybe not much but still
Old 06-19-2005, 03:04 AM

You should be b*tch slapped for folding that river.

1/2 belong in micros.

You belong in micros.

Take a visit.
Old 06-19-2005, 03:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
River: (36.50 BB) K (4 players)
SB checks, MP1 bets, Hero folds , CO calls, SB calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

No excuse. You MUST call this river if you called the entire way down. Besides that, maybe you can fold to the cap on the turn, but the post is massive at that point and would be a bad idea. So I guess you are stuck.

If you won, all those people in that hand go on your buddy list.
Old 06-19-2005, 03:11 AM

Fact: You can't win if you fold. NEVER FOLD !!
Old 06-19-2005, 03:21 AM

Raising the turn is fine. SB and MP1 are the ones who showed aggression, and they are continuing to show it, so big pp's. If one of them has JJ on the turn then you're screwed, but there's no reason they can't have QQ/KK/the other AA. I do like just calling the 3-bet, however, since QQ and KK should be slowing down here. By the river, yeah, it doesn't look good, but I really can't fold getting 37.5:1 (and 39.5:1 with all the callers). Do you have reads?
Old 06-19-2005, 05:58 AM

Understood, I should have called the one bet on the river. After about 100 hands, I knew that CO was loose but solid. I believe his capping the turn meant for sure a set or straight. The reason for not calling the river bet was that I thought I was going to be trapped between MP1 and CO.

SB had QQ
MP1 had JJ
CO had 8,10 for a straight
Old 06-19-2005, 10:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Understood, I should have called the one bet on the river. After about 100 hands, I knew that CO was loose but solid. I believe his capping the turn meant for sure a set or straight. The reason for not calling the river bet was that I thought I was going to be trapped between MP1 and CO.

SB had QQ
MP1 had JJ
CO had 8,10 for a straight

[/ QUOTE ]

the CO definitely deserves a spot in your buddy list!

i had a hand recently at 2/4 party with a guy who capped the betting pre flop, on the flop and raised me on the turn and river. i was holding AA, he had A6 unimproved! that`s why i don`t like to fold AA against sucker.
Old 06-19-2005, 11:12 AM

Do NOT fold for one bet on that river.
Old 06-19-2005, 11:33 AM

Why did you raise the flop? You can't protect your hand on the flop when it's capped 5-ways preflop. The pot is too big.

When you raised MP1's flop bet the players behind you get 12-to-1 for a call, making them correct to call with overcards only. Your best spot to protect your hand is on the turn. Notice that the most likely turn bettor, MP1, is on your immediately right. If he bets out on the turn again you will get the opportunity to raise and face the field with 2BB. That will protect your hand, a flop bet won't.