Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-06-2003, 11:17 AM

Default To slowplay or not to slowplay?

I tend to play very aggressively in NLHE SNGs. In this case, with blinds at 15-30 and down to 3-handed, I raised to 120 from the button with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. The button made the min reraise to 190 and I called. THe flop came Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. The button bet out 400, leaving himself another 1200 or so; I had him just covered. What would most players do here? I raised him all-in without really thinking much (mistake). He thought for a long while and folded his pocket 6s (showing them).

I tend to automatcally assume that because I'm quite aggressive with a range of hands people will pay off my big hands, but in this case, where I had such a strong hand, and an all-in raise is likely to make him think very hard abut calling, it seemed a shame to not get paid any more by. On the plus side, he later did his whole stack to me with ace high (5 kicker) againt my flopped pair so perhaps my thinking is right. Anyway, who would just call here and who would raise?