Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2005, 06:11 PM

Default Re: A hand I played against myself and myself

[ QUOTE ]
ATo should be folding the turn regardless of whether he's calling 1 or 2, and put serious consideration to folding the flop. AA should be folding the turn to the c/r.

[/ QUOTE ]
noway you are folding AA to the c/r.
Old 11-27-2005, 06:18 PM

1/2 Hand - 4Players
Preflop: Hero BUTTON with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG raises, Hero 3bets, SB caps, BB folds, Button Calls.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players) 13SB
SB bets, <font color="red">UTG Raises</font>, , <font color="red">Hero 3Bets</font>, , SB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 players) 11BB
SB Checks, UTG Checks, <font color="red"> Hero bets</font>, <font color="red"> SB Raises</font>, UTG Folds, Hero...

i think i can't let AA slide in a 13:1 BB pot with a monotone board after he Caps preflop, Bets flop, Check/Raises turn.

So AA peels to the river, When unfortuantly i'm calling 1 bet due to pot size... Meh, Doubt i win it often.

BUT... With a taggy solid read on villan i think you can strongly argue a fold(I just hate to see it).
Old 11-27-2005, 06:19 PM

sounds like a great vacation.
Old 11-27-2005, 06:23 PM

A couple of things I might do differently.

Dependent on how tight you know you are in the SB when 4 handed I might find a fold with ATo UTG when its 2 more back to me.

Once I am on the flop with AT I would sometimes call the flop and raise a "safe" turn.

With the AQ [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] hand I like a donk on the turn rather than the checkraise. Your checkraise shuts out UTG and you are only going to get action from the K high flush once you check raise (after calling 2 cold on flop).

If you donk you may get another raise out of someone and perhaps trap UTG for more bets. You also remove the small chance of it being checked through.

I think that AA played it fine. What would you do with AA on a [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] river and SB leads?
Old 11-27-2005, 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dependent on how tight you know you are in the SB when 4 handed I might find a fold with ATo UTG when its 2 more back to me.

Once I am on the flop with AT I would sometimes call the flop and raise a "safe" turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
I like your point about preflop, but I think the flop raise has to be standard with AT. You're going to get trapped by the button fairly often if you just call. You don't have position.
Old 11-27-2005, 06:33 PM

When you are finished whining about the forum split. Then you can tell me just how often you have value in capping OOP with a marginal capping hand. though these players might 3-bet light I'd still like to see flop and go from there. Anyways preflop is not the most interesting.

the thing is that AA definately could take another line here as I mentioned, maybe you would like to comment that vs. your line
Old 11-27-2005, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I like your point about preflop, but I think the flop raise has to be standard with AT. You're going to get trapped by the button fairly often if you just call. You don't have position.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he has you your gonna get trapped whether you raise or call.

For me this is hand protection and the pot is already big (14SB). You are against someone who capped and led and someone who you have little info on expect that he 3 bet pf. I think we protect our hand better by calling and raising a safe turn.

Out of interest. In the original action you hold ATo and SB donks the turn, whats your play?
Old 11-27-2005, 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
AA should be folding the turn to the c/r.

[/ QUOTE ]

you fold too much

[/ QUOTE ]

That's an obvious slowroll, and you've got zero redraws on a 3 to a straight 3 to a flush board. 3/6 isn't semibluffing territory, and this is easy.

[/ QUOTE ]

he capped PF, you telling me you really think he has the straight? The only flush hands that make sense are AKh and AQh. thats a small set of hands compared to KK QQ JJ or the other AA. even if you wanna put percentages to those and argue he wont play all of them like that, its still going to be an easy call down compared to the size of the pot, which is a pretty damn big.
Old 11-27-2005, 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If he has you your gonna get trapped whether you raise or call.

For me this is hand protection and the pot is already big (14SB). You are against someone who capped and led and someone who you have little info on expect that he 3 bet pf. I think we protect our hand better by calling and raising a safe turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
Personally, the AT hand is pretty much screwed here - no play sounds good. What I meant by my comment was that most likely you're going to get trapped on the flop even if he doesn't have you - that's why I like the raise. I really don't know what to do, though. The only hand I see SB playing this way that we beat would be A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Kx. This has to be an overpair or better fairly often.

Would it be worth it to raise the flop with the AT to try and knock out Button's overcards? Is it KQ or the like often enough to make it worthwhile? Tough spot regardless with a vulnerable TPTK and a pre-flop capper betting into us and a pre-flop 3-bettor yet to act. Yuck.

[ QUOTE ]
Out of interest. In the original action you hold ATo and SB donks the turn, whats your play?

[/ QUOTE ]
This has to be a fold, doesn't it? Why would SB semi-bluff A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Kx or the like into 2 players with that flop action? The turn donk from SB has to mean overpair or flush.
Old 11-27-2005, 06:52 PM

I think that AQs has plenty of equity vs my opening and 3-betting hands in a 4 handed game.

In terms of AA, I like playing fast on the flop with a holding like that against players who I know are pretty agressive. Obviously I think that KK/QQ/JJ are more likely than AKs or AQs.